Storing Cannabis In Argon/nitrogen Warehouse

• Thread starter growscott
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

growscott

What's up everyone

I have a legal outdoor grow going and as soon as business picks up, I will be harvesting an average of 1,000 lbs at a time.

I know you can use vacuum chambers with Nitrogen or Argon to preserve quality of buds, but can you store the plant with leaves and all? My issue is I can't gather enough people to trim it all at once and I'm worried the weed will go bad by the time someone can get to it.

I want to harvest, then dry, then store the whole plant in a vacuum chamber until it is needed.

Has anyone hear of anything like this??

How long will the plants last before the chlorophyll taste takes over?

Will the quality of the plant be the same as if it was freshly dried?

Does anyone have an alternative idea or suggestions?

J

jsv1027

What's up everyone

I have a legal outdoor grow going and as soon as business picks up, I will be harvesting an average of 1,000 lbs at a time.

I know you can use vacuum chambers with Nitrogen or Argon to preserve quality of buds, but can you store the plant with leaves and all? My issue is I can't gather enough people to trim it all at once and I'm worried the weed will go bad by the time someone can get to it.

I want to harvest, then dry, then store the whole plant in a vacuum chamber until it is needed.

Has anyone hear of anything like this??

How long will the plants last before the chlorophyll taste takes over?

Will the quality of the plant be the same as if it was freshly dried?

Does anyone have an alternative idea or suggestions?
How will they be stored, after vacuumed, containers or bags? If bags, buds are gonna be a pain in the butt to trim. Due to being so compacted in vacuum sealed bag.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The way I handled it was that I would dry the plants whole, then trim after drying. Once, I got the opportunity to use a TrimPal and LOVED IT. Most people, IMO, use it when the bud is too dry, and that gives you the obviously machine-trimmed appearance. If you do it at a higher RH, it definitely takes longer, but it also comes out MUCH better.

After that, you can store however you prefer. My preferred is vacuum bags, I just hit the stop button before the buds are compressed.

G

growscott

Twister t4 will save your ass.

I have used trim machines and they don't work well. I much prefer hand trimmed buds. I basically want to set up a sealed dry room and release argon into the room for plant preservation for say, up to 6 months and have the buds be the same quality.

G

growscott

I am looking for a large dry room set up and to release argon to preserve plants. Wondering if that will work

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I have used trim machines and they don't work well. I much prefer hand trimmed buds. I basically want to set up a sealed dry room and release argon into the room for plant preservation for say, up to 6 months and have the buds be the same quality.

LOL

Must have used the wrong machines then.

Twister t4 results

20161208 191208
20161030 193312

lino

lino

argon and nitrogen storage for O2 replacement, I dont think its your answer. And Liquid nitrogen - it is great for genetic storage of plant plasma and IMO will not preserve bud the way you want either.

Your resolve comes from buyers. Train your sales team like most produce markets, wine, etc... sell that shit on the vine homie... Find Buyers.. Thats you answer, $50 / lb is coming soon....

Farmer P

Farmer P

argon and nitrogen storage for O2 replacement, I dont think its your answer. And Liquid nitrogen - it is great for genetic storage of plant plasma and IMO will not preserve bud the way you want either.

Your resolve comes from buyers. Train your sales team like most produce markets, wine, etc... sell that shit on the vine homie... Find Buyers.. Thats you answer, $50 / lb is coming soon....
At $50/lb I'd be sitting on a giant block of hash. That would be awesome for the consumer.

lino

lino

At $50/lb I'd be sitting on a giant block of hash. That would be awesome for the consumer.
Colo's Denver Post news media guessed that would be the price to come once the cannabis produce hits good field quality soon...

Farmer P

Farmer P

I think they're crazy. They are trying to scare people. It would have to be some serious mass production outdoor only. I would be smoking nothing but pure trichomes, probably dry ice sifted in a big drum roller. Compost the rest.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

What's corn, tomato, potatoes, wheat prices going for? If you believe mj would be considered a commodity crop like the aforementioned, then your 50/lb quote holds a lot of weight. But, we are at least 10yrs from that shit happening.

I'll go back to painting cars for 25/hr + 20hrs wk ot long before that shit happens.

And have a small personal grow until then. Lol

lino

lino

I think they're crazy. They are trying to scare people. It would have to be some serious mass production outdoor only. I would be smoking nothing but pure trichomes, probably dry ice sifted in a big drum roller. Compost the rest.
Price keeps dropping, IDK... We havent even opened interstate canna commerce yet, I cant wait to see outdoor Cali and Florida sativa exports,,, and I curious which climate will produce the best field crops of Indicas, but you can get buzzed on Good ol bottle wine for $8, still some expensiv bottles to, I'm sure our Private Reserve of Kush will still go for a cpl bucks a gram in the future... But really, if Trump or Hillary's croanies kill legal bud we'll all go to the bank again.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter

Nitrogen and Aragon are hard to perfect. I know Harborside, the biggest outlet of cannabis in the world, tried this and failed. The oxygen to gas ratio has to be perfect.

I am in talks with my agronomist, who is in talks with a proper produce bag company. Turkey bags are good for smell, but terrible for long term storage. Same with vac bags or any other bag I have tried on the market.

Top Bottom