Storing Cuts in the Fridge

• Thread starter lilzayne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

ssteely71

Wow. So now I can take cuttings of plants from seed just before flip and store them untill I sex the originals then only root the cuttings from select females or males I want to keep. This saves me a lot of hassle considering my limited space since I only want to clone females with danky traits. Your knowledge is boundless farmers!

ohgee kush

ohgee kush

This might sound like a dumb question but im really curious to know so ill go forward and ask it anyways. Wont the cuttings want to start to flower?

BagAppeal

BagAppeal

Hi

If you want to see longer storage times in the fridge, instead of using a ziplock...
Use a vaacum container, (for food, not bhp), and they will last for months.!

All the best

BagAppeal

burn4me

burn4me

wow.....i had no clue such times were even possible. i figured a few days at most.
man i love THE FARM.....endless information highway. hope all works well for you @lilzayne

BagAppeal

BagAppeal

If you take the cuts before you flip, they will not start flowering, but after two weeks in they normally throw of some pre flowers, but they will reverse to veg quickly. With the vaacum, you need to make sure not too pull a hard vaacum. Opening up once a week and refreshing the air in the chamber will not hurt..

All the best
BagAppeal

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

Wow. So now I can take cuttings of plants from seed just before flip and store them untill I sex the originals then only root the cuttings from select females or males I want to keep. This saves me a lot of hassle considering my limited space since I only want to clone females with danky traits. Your knowledge is boundless farmers!
...another option would be to top the unsexed seed plant and take that top and just stuff it into a moist cup of coco and stick that into the flower room, some will die this way but most will root and display sex without taking up any space in the flowering op.

...oh, and back when i ran my high-density micro-SOG i routinely kept my cuts in the fridge and had friends deliver cuts to me in baggies, much like SeaMaiden described earlier in this thread, except i just keep a small bowl of water at hand so i could soak the paper towel and then wring it out, after which i arranged it neatly in a rectangle laid over the palm of my left hand so i can then lay a bunch of cuts down, fold the rectangle up and over the cut ends afterwhich i roll that damp papertowel up, wrapping the cut ends, and stuff it into a ziploc baggie and into the chiller drawer at the bottom of my fridge.

...i've also done his for just this reason too so that i didn't lose genetics during a move in my case.

peace, bozo

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hi

If you want to see longer storage times in the fridge, instead of using a ziplock...
Use a vaacum container, (for food, not bhp), and they will last for months.!

All the best

BagAppeal
Really...? I have a vacuum sealer, so IF I remember, I'll try this for myself, because I need that kinda time frame. :o

lilzayne

lilzayne

Wow, really rad to see a lot of great input! Just an update... I had cuts in the fridge I forgot about for about 5 weeks. They looked alright but I could see that parts of the leaves were becoming brown... the look of a leaf starting to die. I didn't need to root these cuts just figured I'd store them in case. Even with the leaves dying maybe they would still root.
Anyways, the point of my story is that it's really important to try and keep your cuts fresh while being stored in the fridge. Seamaiden has a good post on the first page about this. Keep the input coming farmers. Oh yea, I read that Jackmayoffer dips his cuts in a solution of physan 20 and than into a plastic ziplock bag when he stores cuts in the fridge. If I had to store them for a while maybe I would try this.

-Lil Zayne

shoestring

shoestring

I bet cha thise 5 weekers in the fridge root. At.least most of em. Dip em in some root hormone. Put em in your fav medium. Keep in humid. Keep it warm. Keep em moist but not soaked. Youve got copies!!!!

Top Bottom