storing rooted clones?

• Thread starter manitoid.
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
manitoid.

manitoid.

Hey so my buddy brought over twice as many clones as I thought he would, so I have 5 that I can't put into bubblers until like Friday. What would be the best way to keep these rooted cuttings? They are well rooted and were taken from a flowering plant in 1in rockwool cubes. Should I put them under my 600W HPS or under some regular household CFLs until I can pot them? How often will I need to water the rockwool?

manitoid.

manitoid.

Not here but I could probably get one tomorrow.

Where should I leave them for the night? And under what light?

K

kes5480

leave em under a light that is not 2 powerfull. use cfl's of t5's. u can just keep lights on 24hrs so u dont need a timer. make sure they stay moist. not soaked and not dry.
u say these clones are already rooted?

manitoid.

manitoid.

yea tons of roots already sticking out the bottom of the rockwool. I have 3 23W CFLs I can use, will that work okay? Never used CFLs for growing before...

manitoid.

manitoid.

So I'm not going to be able to get a dome, might be able to make one, do you think it's absolutely necessary? These clones are pretty well established. Think they'll survive a few inches below a CFL until Friday when I have room to put them in bubble buckets under the HPS, hand watered with PH'd RO water?

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

Instead of making a dome, use can use a big clear plastic bowl upside down or a "cake saver" dome/lid. You can get em at the dollar store. They'll work in a pinch. You could even place the clones in a bucket with a lil saran wrap over the top. Hope this helps some.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

They will last till Friday under the cfl.. juss keep checking 2 make sure there not drying out on u..

Top Bottom