storing seeds

• Thread starter tiedye611
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tiedye611

tiedye611

wondering how you guys and girls out there store your seeds over long time. ive been putting them in baby food jars and in the freezer. what do you think??:smoke:flower

M

Mr Green

i have been keeping mine in the fridge in a thermos food container... some getting to be 2 years old.. hope even though i kept them in the fridge like this they will still have good germ rates when i get around to them

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
I just store mine in vhs cassette boxes and keep them in a cool dark place. Always seam to keep well with 90 % minimum germ rate unless the seed is really fresh.

M

Mr Green

good i wondered that cause i have seen alot of people talk about keeping theres in the freezer.. wasnt sure if the fridge made that big of a diff.. thanks herb

D

drpressure600

the fridge . .

any grow shop that i've been to says & uses just the fridge, or in my house the fridge too for my seeds . .

ConceptOfSleep

ConceptOfSleep

I keep mine in a small tupperware container in a cool dark area...

Used to keep em in the fridge but it was an ooooolllllllld fridge and I was worried about high humidity causing problems.

I've heard that freezing, thawing and re-freezing can cause germination troubles, so its a good way to keep them long term, but you should only freeze them once.

O

Outlaw Grower

Breeder
Supporter
i line the bottom of those gay little plastic pencil boxes little kids use for school with rice and fill them with packs of seeds then pack them side by side in the crisper/veggy drawers of the fridge. im germing 7 yr old beans like i just bought em :flower

P

phoenix

fridge or cool dark place,with rice as a dessicant,just like Outlaw says.

A

adam

i store mine with silica packs you get when you buy sneakers. just put it in empty film tubes with the wifes thong drawer. it stays dark and untouched just like the thongs :D

V

vintageherb

I have genetic's in my fridge for a decade and there still germinating fine . I just change the rice every year and duct tape the lid

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
Mine are in an airtight cigar humidor with rice in fridge.

Top Bottom