Storing shed use as grow box?

• Thread starter INDO247
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

INDO247

My first plan was to go with a secret jardin dr 80 tent but i stumble upon these rubbermaid storing shed and think maybe these might work and will be more stealthy. Please take a look at the link and let me know what u guys think. Will it work? Also what kinda cutting tools will work to cut thick plastics? I already got all the other stuff such as lighting, fans and filter. Im going with a 400w mh/hps air cooled hood, 4" fan and filter combo and 2 small circulating fans.

S

shivavaranessi

those things leak quite abit of light buddy
there not rly that suitable for growing in
ide stick with a budbox or a secret garden personaly
shiva:)

GET MO

GET MO

Supporter
I know lots of people who use a shed, works great! Just line the inside with some panda sheets to block light leaks.

W

WESTCRAZY1

i think a tent would leak more light than this shed. im also looking for a saw to cut through some plastic so any suggestions as to which one to use?

F

fewture

oh.. by the way.. they have a cheaper.. storage shed.. same size i think.. at walmart .. for like 69$ i think..

S

StonedOwl

Should work, keep it in your garage or something. Get some Great-stuff from walmart to take care of light leaks.

N

Nuglover

Buddy of mine took one of those sheds, insulated it, stuck in an ac, kegerator,dart board, and a flat screen and we use it as a man cave. Could have many uses I suppose.

P

Pistil Pete

My first plan was to go with a secret jardin dr 80 tent but i stumble upon these rubbermaid storing shed and think maybe these might work and will be more stealthy. Please take a look at the link and let me know what u guys think. Will it work? Also what kinda cutting tools will work to cut thick plastics? I already got all the other stuff such as lighting, fans and filter. Im going with a 400w mh/hps air cooled hood, 4" fan and filter combo and 2 small circulating fans.

My buddy was running almost the exact same setup, but i think he was using a 5" fan. Worked great for him.
Cut your holes with a Dremel, as stated above, or a Jigsaw (sabre saw). Caulk up your corners and add some weatherstripping around the door openings to seal the light leaks.

G

GDS StonerBoy

Indo i agree with Shiv. I have one of those and it leaks a shitload of light right at the doors. Its really sorta flimsy in the doors and have alot of cracks which we all know are light leaks for our purposes. Now the bigger sheds might be a little different but as far as the little storage closet ones go, your gonna have to do some work to stop the leaks before its usable!

I just use mines for cuts and mothers.

S

still smokin

go to ebay ... you can buy ready to go grow tent for 120 dollar delivered to your door 4x4x6.5 no bs, no holes to cut ,mine leeks no light at all unless i need to open vents or something ... but so will anything....buy the tent my freind...youll be happier for it...

G

GDS StonerBoy

go to ebay ... you can buy ready to go grow tent for 120 dollar delivered to your door 4x4x6.5 no bs, no holes to cut ,mine leeks no light at all unless i need to open vents or something ... but so will anything....buy the tent my freind...youll be happier for it...

You mind pm'ing me the type of tent and where i can find it? you cant beat 4x4 for 120, that storage is smaller than that for about 50 bucks more.

Top Bottom