Straight confusion!!! Some one help please!!

• Thread starter MegaStoner420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MegaStoner420

MegaStoner420

Theres something going on in my grow tent and its freaking me out! New growth on one of my photo periods is turning yellow. Leaves on all plants are turning yellow towards the bottom. The yellowing on the auto seemed to turn back to green a slight bit but the leaves are brittle and breaks. My humidifier quit doing its job. i put it at 55 but it stays at 40-43. Right now the humidity is at 42 i dont get it. The temp seemed to be too cold at 60 and my air conditioner was at 69 which makes no sense. So i turned it up to 77 to see where the temp raises to, but only got up to 62 and didnt go any higher so i raised the temp to 80 on the ac, but it only gets up 64.9, and my plants i give plant molasses once a month, 5 table spoons for 2 gallons, i noticed nutrient burn on two of the plants, so was 5 tbs too much? Could that be whats wrong with all the plants? I was told by a friend who is a grower but he said im not giving it enough nutes, which doesnt seem right.

Straight confusion some one help please
BowHammer

BowHammer

molasses does not feed plants it feeds soil if you are going to mess with molasses then you want to run the grow with living soil and yes you need fertilizer something ORMI listed top-dressed get you some nice organic tomato food from Lowes use that and use your molasses get some compost in that soil as well for your next grow. Sorry, this information is getting to you so late in your grow. Your grower friend sounds like he is not giving you all you need to know to succeed.

Troublesome1420

Troublesome1420

Theres something going on in my grow tent and its freaking me out! New growth on one of my photo periods is turning yellow. Leaves on all plants are turning yellow towards the bottom. The yellowing on the auto seemed to turn back to green a slight bit but the leaves are brittle and breaks. My humidifier quit doing its job. i put it at 55 but it stays at 40-43. Right now the humidity is at 42 i dont get it. The temp seemed to be too cold at 60 and my air conditioner was at 69 which makes no sense. So i turned it up to 77 to see where the temp raises to, but only got up to 62 and didnt go any higher so i raised the temp to 80 on the ac, but it only gets up 64.9, and my plants i give plant molasses once a month, 5 table spoons for 2 gallons, i noticed nutrient burn on two of the plants, so was 5 tbs too much? Could that be whats wrong with all the plants? I was told by a friend who is a grower but he said im not giving it enough nutes, which doesnt seem right.
Try giving your plants some bone meal sounds like they got some sort of deficiency going on also try some cal-mag. Mine were doing something similar to what yours are doing and I gave them some bone meal and they got better.

Cracken

Cracken

Plants need nutrients. I recommend watching some videos on plant nutrition. It will help you understand your plants needs better. Molasses is sugar to feed the bacteria in the soil which helps break down the nutrients in the soil making it more useable to the plants. If you use a little vegetable fertilizer it should boost your plant back to health, until you watch a couple videos on Making a healthy soil blend for your plants.
Whoever your grower friend is... is not a friend. Don't just start adding things until you understand what you are doing a little better. Also, PH your water to 6.3-6.5. If the PH is too high you plant will stop taking in nitrogen which make leaves turn yellow.
So basic rules:
PH water
Balance of nutrients
Water only enough to have damp soil, too much water will cause root rot. As you learn more then you can start to change things. Good luck

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Way too much molasses brotha....a tbsp per gal is more than enough...in fact one tbsp to 2 gals should be ok. Get a 15 amp temp controller for your AC!!

What nutes are you giving them?
How much and how many times a week do you feed?
Whole plant photos are needed!
Under white light too not purple or hps...

Last edited:
Troublesome1420

Troublesome1420

I agree with the molasses too I don't even give my plants that much molasses and they seem to be doing great.

Top Bottom