Strain growing advice

• Thread starter JonathonStrange
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JonathonStrange

I am about to start my first grow. I ordered 5 fem barny's LSD 5 regular tga jillybean and a single pyramid wembly. The will be grown in a soilless medium using Dutch master neuts. I also have a canna air filter and fan. The space is small 2x3x7 witch will be lit with a 250 hps/HD bat wing reflector. I will keep the mothers I select in a septate area.
If anyone has had excperiance growing these genetics and tips you could pass along they would be greatly appreciated. Also what would be the best way to germinate the seeds (alll at once or a couple at a time.
I have a large dome 72 sight Plugs rooting system.
If I germinate useing this do I just place seed in hole and keep moist or do I soak them in water till tap root appears then put it in the plug. I was gonna run the light so it heats the tray on the shelf above where tray will be.
I also understand do to size of space I'll only be able to run about three plants.
If any moderator reads this and feels I will get more replies please feel free to move it cause I need all the replies I can.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and ESP if you reply J.S.
I know I will be recieving some freebies I will use as practice.

E

Elite Nugs

It sounds like you need help with the basics. You should post this in the basic growing forum or start a grow journal.

As for your questions. If you only have space for 3 plants, but said that you will be keeping your mother plants somewhere else. How much room do you have for mothers??

Only sprout what you have room for and can handle. So I wouldnt do all 10. Maybe just start off the the 5 LSD.

As for germinating. People use all these crazy methods to sprout seeds, but if you want a high success rate.. Just get your self a tray of rapid rooters. Soak them in 5.5 ph tap water that has been left to sit overnight with an air stone in it. Then put your seed inside the pre-drilled hole about a 1/4 inch deep, then scrape the top to cover the hole a little.

Keep them under a florescent light... A small compact florrecnt light will work perfectly. Keep them at room temperature, or you can go a little higher to maybe 80 to keep them cozy... Then just sit back and they'll sprout for sure.

I do all my seeds like this and they all sprout. If they dont sprout, then it means they were bad seeds. I put 100 seeds in a tray, exactly how I explained above and 98 of them sprouted.

Keep it simple!! Paper towel method forces you to handle the seedling and tap root... thats never a good idea and can be screwed up very easily.

And you can actually run about 6 plants in that space if you keep em small. 1 plant per square foot. This sounds like it may be your first grow, so I would run 6, so you dont have to worry about training the plants, chopping the tops, or anything else like that. Run 6, till they get 1 foot tall and flip the lights to flowering.

T

TreFarmer

Looks like Elite gotcha. Good info in there. I quit pre-sprouting long ago. I would see them sprout but the the little bastard would not pop up after being planted in peat or soil. I agree with Elite. Never a good idea to handle a sprout. The only benefit I have found is knowing what has sprouted, and cutting down on materials used on seeds that didn't pop. Not much of a benefit really.

J

JonathonStrange

Just got off phone with grow shop guy he said same thing u guys did. So that makes it 3 for 3 lol so majority wins

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I put mine right into cups because I dont like to handle the sprouted seedlngs as either

I just mist the top of the soil if it starts to dry out

rapid rooters do make some nice fuzzy roots

J

JonathonStrange

I think my problem is I have way to much info at my finger tips.I have clipped and saved evry article of value from ht skunk ww and Ty for the last year along with reading Ed rosenthals book, the canabis growers bible and home growers manuel. And in the end is right keep it simple.

deacon1503

deacon1503

It sounds like you need help with the basics. You should post this in the basic growing forum or start a grow journal.

As for your questions. If you only have space for 3 plants, but said that you will be keeping your mother plants somewhere else. How much room do you have for mothers??

Only sprout what you have room for and can handle. So I wouldnt do all 10. Maybe just start off the the 5 LSD.

As for germinating. People use all these crazy methods to sprout seeds, but if you want a high success rate.. Just get your self a tray of rapid rooters. Soak them in 5.5 ph tap water that has been left to sit overnight with an air stone in it. Then put your seed inside the pre-drilled hole about a 1/4 inch deep, then scrape the top to cover the hole a little.

Keep them under a florescent light... A small compact florrecnt light will work perfectly. Keep them at room temperature, or you can go a little higher to maybe 80 to keep them cozy... Then just sit back and they'll sprout for sure.

I do all my seeds like this and they all sprout. If they dont sprout, then it means they were bad seeds. I put 100 seeds in a tray, exactly how I explained above and 98 of them sprouted.

Keep it simple!! Paper towel method forces you to handle the seedling and tap root... thats never a good idea and can be screwed up very easily.

And you can actually run about 6 plants in that space if you keep em small. 1 plant per square foot. This sounds like it may be your first grow, so I would run 6, so you dont have to worry about training the plants, chopping the tops, or anything else like that. Run 6, till they get 1 foot tall and flip the lights to flowering.

+1

Top Bottom