Strain Guide

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

I think there is a pic or thread from overgrow on here as well as a cpl more, but not 100% on that. I vaguely remember stumbling across it some while back. Though I do think there should be a new one with only true-breeding strains in circulation that people on the farm are actually growing/breeding.

DemonPigeon

DemonPigeon

I think there is a pic or thread from overgrow on here as well as a cpl more, but not 100% on that. I vaguely remember stumbling across it some while back. Though I do think there should be a new one with only true-breeding strains in circulation that people on the farm are actually growing/breeding.

No strain can be totally "truebreeding" they can only be "truebreeding" for certain characteristics, e.g. in some plants a single allele causes purple buds. A plant which has two copies of that allele breeds true for that trait but no plant can ever be entirely true breeding, also plants showing a recessive allele in their phenotype most likely have two alleles for it so all their offspring will be carriers but that's not ususally considered "true breeding".
Since no plant can be entirely homogenous (and you can never account for mutations, epigenetics and environmental factors) and will have recessive and dominant traits when outcrossed (or even crossed to a different member of the same strain). no plant is flat-out "true breeding".
(I've been working on a little guide to Cannabis breeding and now I can't seem to stop myself correcting everything lol :sorry: )

But yeah a strain guide would be fun :-)

Especially if we know the plants parental lines, you could really group them up for comparison etc.

jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

Yeah I was using the term loosely. I just meant it to mean have strains that are somewhat stable and somewhat true breeding.

DemonPigeon

DemonPigeon

Cool was just saying remember that truebreeding is a verb and so when talking about a strain it needs an "object" after it :p

"This strain is truebreeding for ...."

soserthc1

soserthc1

Solid point what happened to the overgrown facts at the top , i use seedfinder.eu but there is rarely new updates only the old strains but i suppose keeping up with insane amount of strains these days would be quite a task , very curious myself if there are any strain data bases that are current or somewhat current ..

DemonPigeon

DemonPigeon

that is a list of a bunch of different strain guides , we need to get it all in 1 log like seedfinder just constantly updated maybe jason king aint busy with cannabibles

The biggest problem is most strains aren't in seed banks they're with private breeders/growers, many strains share names too.

(and apparently this is the info from overgrow? http://www.onlinepot.org/grow/800straingentics.htm )

soserthc1

soserthc1

yes it is used to be at the top of the of the forum here also .... but 800 is way low now there is 5017 listed at seedfinder and its rarely updated - I know its alot of work but would be a great hobby a good site and advertising dollars to be made ....

monkeymun

monkeymun

It would have to be updated regularly to make it optimal too. With the number of new strains being produced, it would be a hefty guide.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
The growFAQ is only showing up on the thcfarmer style right now and not the overgrow style. I believe it used to show up on both.

Thanks for posting a link FW.

soserthc1

soserthc1

I would love to see a family tree style strain guide
I'm aware this is a little old but there is now an updated seedfinder with well over 6000 strain separated by clone only and legendary strain along with a genome family tree for most and a shit ton of new breeders .... Read a few of riots strains also there a riot to read

E

eldonknutson

That didn't come outQuite rightI meant to sayAfter 15 to 20Times growing on a plantIt'll become a true strainBut there's alwaysPanda 20%Or so of the plantsAre super plantsAnd the rest vary inQuality
That didn't come out quite right

Top Bottom