Strain/propagation question

• Thread starter DNDGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DNDGrower

Okay, please bear with me on this one. I have a couple of newbie questions:

1) I am currently growing three very nice plants that were from a batch of seeds that supposedly came from Amsterdam. No idea of the actual strain other than two are indica dominant and one is sativa dominant. So if these plants grow into some killer medicine and I decide to breed them what would they be called? Do I come up with a name for my mystery plants and run with that?

2) I have my first clones growing in a propagation dome and they appear to be doing very well. How long do I keep them covered? I mist them three or four times a day and they have been in since Sunday (5 days). When do I take off the hood and just let them grow? I do let them breathe a couple times a day also.

DNDGrower

P

ProGroWannabe

1. Yes, name them whatever you like since you have no verifiable history on them.

2. I use a Mondi Dome over my prop tray that has circular vents in the top. When I first put my cuts in RR's, I keep the vents closed. I mist them once a day. After say...4 or 5 days, I'll crack the vents a bit, and continue to open them more and more daily until they are fully open. I don't totally remove the dome until the roots are visible, personally. I'm sure others that may be more successful than me will chime in too.

D

DNDGrower

I have the same style dome. The clones appear to be doing well as the main stems are standing straight up and the leaves appear to be straightening. I took a fan leaf from the bottom and placed that in as a "clone" to judge if my good clones are growing or dying. The fan leaf is turning yellow and dying but the clones appear to be thriving. I started opening the vents for an hour or two everyday starting yesterday. I just don't want to kill them as the mothers appear to be REALLY healthy. Hopefully they will bring some good smoke and I can keep them growing.

I named them Desert HEXA, Desert Princess and Desert Diva. No idea why, but it seemed to fit since I got them from someone in the desert. LOL!
Thanks for the advice.

F

FastForward

I keep mine covered with the vents closed until roots show, then I pot up. Never had any shock from not hardening off. I think what's important is to make sure that you open the top to let air in regularly - it's as important as spraying imho. I also spray with a formulex and rhizotonic solution, but clone start works nicely too (CX product).

D

DNDGrower

Thanks for the reply. I think I will send the wife to the hydro store and get some clone spray.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
every strain is different and every gardener has their own techniques. I do not spray anything on my clones, keep the vents closed for 2-3 days, remove dome fully by day 5.

jj

F

Finalopagus

I no dome and foliar feed thrive alive every 12 hours

call my strain PAT cuz it herrmies all the time :giggle

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I keep my dome tight and the vents closed and as soon as the first cut shows roots I open the vents around 30% and everyday a little more until around day 12 or so and then open them all the way . Next I prop a rockwool cube under one side of the dome to harden them of for a day or 3 and when all are root they are hardened off and ready to transplant . The RW cube works great to harden them of without to much air hitting them all at once .

P

Potato

Medicine Man

I am new here. Growing MM . What is the better light timing for the plant flower cycle 12 /12 13 /11 or 14/ 10? Under 3 bulb flowering CFL. Potato

R

ReelBusy1

I am new here. Growing MM . What is the better light timing for the plant flower cycle 12 /12 13 /11 or 14/ 10? Under 3 bulb flowering CFL. Potato

There a lot of info on this thread and a poll of farmers on the topic too.

P

Potato

Thanks for info! First grow (70's) in long time! Doing 24?7 but was wondering on the flower timing on the Medicine man and purple trainwreck ? 12/12 the way or what? Al plants are doing well(13" plus and bushy(from clones and day 33) Going to use 315 watt CFL. Any help would be helpfull . As being a potato I see little lite.HaHa Potato

E

em.k47

Hi guys

Im new to this forum and im liking it already!!

I just have a few doubts to be cleared.Im really looking forward to learn a lot from you guys.Thanks.

My doubts are:-

I have rooted my seedlings to around 3-4 inches and the roots have now come out of the rockwool cubes.Now im planning to move these to my IWS system.But i planned to put my cubes into a larger cubes (with the centre cut-out).I have soaked my larger block with the nutrient water and dried it out.But im planning to do air-pruning before taking it to my system.I have created a perforated tray and placed the cubes on it and sprayed a bit nutrient on the top.

Now for how long i have to keep my plants for air-pruning and what should be the conditions to keep it in.Like how much lighting and what temperature should i provide to the air-pruning tray?

And should i keep the tray in the propagator only or just in a dark room?

Thanks guys!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom