strain that smells like limes

• Thread starter jdubz206
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jdubz206

there was this amazing strain that was going around about 10 years ago in the PNW that smelled exactly like limes..i mean no mistaking it, fresh limes and it tasted the same way...this was right about the same time when u-dub was around all the time for those in the PNW...there were these bright green frosty nugs...super, super sticky resinated stuff..back then, people would rarely know the strain names, this stuff was just referred to as "lime bud"...tasty stuff...anyone know what strain this might be? thanks in advance...

D

Dr Herbal

Shit mate dont no the name of that strain but i want some, lime would be a great flavor to add to any grow :)

Motarebel

Motarebel

Elite had a clone called the Funk Limer and it had a crazy lime flava that lasted till the end of a doobie. The high wasn't all that strong but the flava made up for it. He sent me a sample or i would've never thought that you'd be able to smoke key lime pie! LOL!

J

jdubz206

dr.h, mota, brothers that flavor is insane!! 10 years ago my tolerance was a bit lower but i do remember it being a pretty heavy hitter...as strong as u-dub, not quite as strong as romulan but definitely a few hits and you're blasted...funk limer..i'll add it to my wishlist...mota bro, do you know if he did any breeding with that clone? that taste you're describing with the key lime pie sounds really similar to the lime dank i had back then...i have a feeling this clone will be near impossible to find..i know the lemon tasting dank is some great stuff but this lime bud was my favorite flavor...10 years ago and i still think about it as one of my favorite strains to date...making my mouth water reminiscing LOL :D anyone with info on funk limer or any other lime smellin dank let me know! thanks farmers. smiley_joint:

B

Bio Kid

I think cannabiogen has a strain called verde limon if I remember correctly...probably not the strain you are referring to but somewhere to start lookin for that lime flava....later

J

jdubz206

hey thanks bio kid..i did a bit of searching and found that the strain was named verde limon ("lime green") due to its appearance, not the flavor unfortunately..thanks for the tip though but looks like we're back to the drawing board :smiley_joint:

B

Bio Kid

sorry it didnt work out...I for one hope you find what you're lookin for as a lime tastin strain sounds delicious:bong-hits:

Motarebel

Motarebel

Elite did 2 crosses with it,maybe more but he sent me the Funk x Sour OG and the Fund x Headband fems.

CBF

CBF

Supporter
BillyGoats oriental express has lime plants, one i grew outta a batch came across just like a kamakazi cocktail.

original haze also has many lime plants in a population as well

sourhaze cross i did had jolly rancher candy aromas, with a few lime plants.

aka

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
I have many limy flavored buds, but only one stands out. G13xSK from MNS, and I know a few have found this pheno.

The smell from her was toxic lime. It was so strong it actually felt like it was burning your nose. Again, potency isnt the strongest but the taste I will never forget. The curing jar still smelt a few months later, with other buds in. LOL.

If you fancy a mix bag of flavors from limes, lemons, garlic and rotten fruit haze then I recommend you get some mns g13xsk.

Its a skunk expression.

J

jdubz206

Elite did 2 crosses with it,maybe more but he sent me the Funk x Sour OG and the Fund x Headband fems.

ever get a chance to pop those? i'll try to get a hold of elite, see if he still has these available...those crosses sound great...

BillyGoats oriental express has lime plants, one i grew outta a batch came across just like a kamakazi cocktail.

original haze also has many lime plants in a population as well

sourhaze cross i did had jolly rancher candy aromas, with a few lime plants.

aka

thanks aka, good info...are these beans available anywhere for sale?

I have many limy flavored buds, but only one stands out. G13xSK from MNS, and I know a few have found this pheno.

The smell from her was toxic lime. It was so strong it actually felt like it was burning your nose. Again, potency isnt the strongest but the taste I will never forget. The curing jar still smelt a few months later, with other buds in. LOL.

If you fancy a mix bag of flavors from limes, lemons, garlic and rotten fruit haze then I recommend you get some mns g13xsk.

Its a skunk expression.

good info on this bro, thank you. i don't see any g13 x sk's on thcbay, do ya happen to know where i could find this strain?

C

Cloud 99

i grew some deepwreck and one pheno had a predominantly lime flavor accompanied by acrid-dank-skunky.the high was crazy.there are some f2 freebies here so if you order anytime soon you might want to request some.also i grew a pheno of SSSDH that was lime haze fuel smell and taste

G

Guano

I've got some G-Funk beans in the fridge I've yet to explore.There may be some lime phenos hidden away waiting to be discovered,only time will tell.

Billygoat

Billygoat

thanks aka, good info...are these beans available anywhere for sale?

I'm working on a fresh batch of seeds as we speak. April-May they will be up. Plenty and very affordable.
Take care,
BG

CBF

CBF

Supporter
i grew some deepwreck and one pheno had a predominantly lime flavor accompanied by acrid-dank-skunky.the high was crazy.there are some f2 freebies here so if you order anytime soon you might want to request some.also i grew a pheno of SSSDH that was lime haze fuel smell and taste

ah yes, Richard Williams Deep Wreck did have nice lime aromas. made nice thick chunky buds as well.

aka

14494deepwreck 63dayplant2
14494deepwreck colaplant2
14494deepwreck 63daycu
14494deepwreck 63dayplant
14494deepwreck 63dayplant3
14494deepwreck 63daycolaplant3
J

jcap300

I have the sour funk og going from elite and it is limey as all hell. Nice tight big buds as well when they reach maturity. It is the most lime flavor I ever tasted.

Joey III

J

jdubz206

good info guys thanks!!! i'll be looking for the releases and please let me know if you run into a strain that's lime-a-licious :smiley_joint:

Top Bottom