Strains originating in Colorado

• Thread starter Mr.Sputnik
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dgp

Joe Brand sold the ounce to Chemdog at a Dead show in 91. Out of that were 4 seeds. Chem a. b. c, d
One died and the "D line" as we know it is the genetics we get most of our newer indica's.

Also, Mile High disaster is a CO born strain but it is crappy and prone to herme. Skunk Twreck cross

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
All of the Peonia Purple whatevers and thriple P named strains, which there are a few now, are all the same Pure Power Plant genetics, when you get the seed pack it has three "P"'s on it and everyone names it something a little different....ask Paonia the story behind his Purple Paralyzer about rollin around in a film canister and pickin up the genetics of the bud that was in there, I think thats how it goes, either way it is entertaining, listen to him on MJ radio for a hoot...that little crew were all runn in some variation of PPP when i got here and then he won the cup last year with one of them..Pure power Plant is one popular strain in them there mountains but few know it as that..

Chem Dawg was just Dawg when it was originated here and grown organically and then moved west and picked up the chem name when nuted out during growing, i think that was the lore..

Cough, Foco Cough, Boulder Cough, Strawberry Cough are all from around here

Supposedly the bannana stuff came from around here also, Banana Kush, Banana Lights, and Banana Cough

Tangerine, the tang, or Tangerine dream, i think is from out here..

Jah Kush is a west coaster origin but it does nice out here in the hills...

Tex

sky high

sky high

We saw the P-Bud here >en force< in the mid-80's. it was a yearly treat.

All strain guides and reports I can find on the Net say the PPP strain was developed in the mid-late 90's....so i dunno how the formal release jives together with the P-bud held here for 10 years or more prior to that late date....but hey.... you know how weed stories go.

Alll i know is that when it came around it was GONE in a flash and you were best buds with EVERYONE if you had some.... LOl

a friend with weed.....

sky

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Isn't Pez or Purple Pez from up here around Foco?

Tex

M

MedicalINFO

I used to rage these in fort collins, If anybody has access the hong kong I will get on a plane right now

HONG KONG

L.G.S.

and a crazy Hawaiian Indica

D

dgp

Oh, and the epic Gunj from late nineties at CU. Was super gone instantly, Frat houses ate most of it up though...Cali Kids paid retail. The grower got busted for tax evasion in 98 for driving with too much cash.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I've rocked that LGS "lime green skunk" a few times and it is still runnin strong in some circles up here in the north..

Tex

M

MIZZ ELVIS

I stand corrected :fighting0085: ... Lime green skunk it is!! I'm bad with new names; the FL transplant I am, :itwasntme lemon grass skunk :itwasntme ...... I'm gonna have to see what I can do with her!!!

M

MedicalINFO

My friend and I were just talking about the LGS making it to cali.

Is it still a big producer, How does it do in California?

M

MJPassion

I've tried some of that P-Bud, great meds for sure, and I've also been told by my father that it's been around for 40+ years. That's what he used to smoke back in the day.

I'm working on some breeding and have a few friends that are as well. Look for future posts. The west slope's gonna blow up with great genetics in the next couple of years folks.

CBF

CBF

Supporter
Pbud is not Pure power plant. but yeah Pbud has been around since the early 80s, i know that for fact as ive smoked it in the late 80s, my buddy, who is responsible for me movin here, toked it when he was a kid, were in our 50s now. my buddy lived here in the valley his whole life.

ive met growers in paonia that i got Pbud seed from, and they grew it back in 89 for sure. an old cosmic cowboy here told me he knew they guy in paonia that started the Pbud here in the valley, he says it came from oregon when the guy moved here. hes since deceased.

since the early 90s when the feds came into the valley and pretty much ruined the grow scene here, Pbud has suffered through poor growers and bad breeding. the line is junk imo at this point, its still around here, just not as much as back in the day.

i was under the impression Strawberry Cough originated in vermont, or NE area, had never heard it came from CO.

Chemdog came from mountain bikers in Crested Butte, was called The Dog, dont think noone knows if they grew it or if it was imported to the state. think they were just dealers.

theres a seedline here called redlands, named after the mesa it originated from. makes big skunky buds, but from what ive toked, its pretty weak.

CBF

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

i was under the impression Strawberry Cough originated in vermont, or NE area, had never heard it came from CO.

CBF

Just the Cough came from Ft. Collins not the Strawberry Cough. I believe you are correct about the strawberry coming from VE though. Some good bud in VE for sure.

I'll have spent over a grand on genetics for a new breeding session, so there definitely will be some good genetics in CO if I can help it. I've already got 5 different kinds of pollen in my freezer and I've popped less than 10% of my new genetics. I'm waiting for some indicas from vancouver to really get going.

I found the Mikado! Dr. Chronic had it through willy jack seed co (not sure about willy jack, I think they're f2's but it's better than nothing, federation is gone).

Thanks to everyone who has posted up.

:banana1sv6:

H

HowardHunt

I second The Wheelchair. I lived in Colorado for years and it was the favorite of all the flavors that came through the fort at that time. I've heard that different forms of it are around but I'm not sure if the original still exists. If it did I'd hop on a plane for it for sure.

Actually my favorite at the time was The D, which took me awhile but I later figured out was just the Chemdog D cut being sold as just The D when it was still pretty fresh on the scene in 02/03.

C

chuck uuuuu

Just the Cough came from Ft. Collins not the Strawberry Cough. I believe you are correct about the strawberry coming from VE though. Some good bud in VE for sure.

I'll have spent over a grand on genetics for a new breeding session, so there definitely will be some good genetics in CO if I can help it. I've already got 5 different kinds of pollen in my freezer and I've popped less than 10% of my new genetics. I'm waiting for some indicas from vancouver to really get going.

I found the Mikado! Dr. Chronic had it through willy jack seed co (not sure about willy jack, I think they're f2's but it's better than nothing, federation is gone).

Thanks to everyone who has posted up.

:banana1sv6:
Dear Sir Sputnik,
Please keep this MMJ patient in your dreams and SWIM will pray 4 ur GENETICS will find SWIM?
Excuse, SWIM speaks in tongue. I'm all legal and that and eat/smoke my meds. My Doctor wrote me a re: letter stating however many plants i need to make butters & oils. SWIM is good 2 go but after 10yrs of amendment 20 and still shutting city services down across our state! Come ON SPUTNIK get em off the POT! SHT or scratch that 10 yr itch STATE OFFICIALS!!:anim_52:

sky high

sky high

Agreed on the Cough, sputnik. Friends of mine used to come up with some on occasion from FoCo wayyy back in the 90's.

thanks for the memories, howard. "The wheel"....whatever it was...was some of the best pot I've ever smoked. I got 6 clones of it in '91.... flowered 3. The first joint of it I smoked sat me down on the couch and had me seeing colors on the back of my eyelids for a good hour or more.... i knew then she was a special gal....

If we had the same cut/etc... you'll remember that funk smell it had. Dunno how to describe it...skunky, cedar, sweet....

got a cut goin' now of "Colorado Blueberry" that I was told has been in-state for a few decades....and I SWEAR I'm smelling that same smell comin' in under the BB....

If anyone reading this has a line on the WC... i'd love to get the real deal back for headies.....

if this cut pans out and is at all remininscent of the WC I'll let you know, HH....

sh

G

ganjherbsmoke

i know a local guy whos been growin cough for 15+ years now since it won the cup back in 96
real confectionary sugar covered buds
super smooth smoke that leaves the head feeling nice and racy

H

HowardHunt

woah skyhigh! I do remember that really funky blueberry from around the same time and it did certainly have some similarities to the wheel. It always made me wonder if it was from the same source and all that but back then it was sort of don't ask don't tell in the fort, with so many people obviously doin stuff it's kinda hard to just get loose lipped at the aggie. totally had a flashback when you mentioned a weird funk blueberry.

Glad to see that people can actually start bringing these beauties out from the shadows now. It kind of makes me a little regretful I left to be honest.

Honestly, I was never a fan of the Cough, Cough 1, FoCo Cough, Strawberry Cough or any Cough that ever made it's way around the front range. I guess it's just not my kind of plant at the end of the day but I see why so many love it. I just love the knock out shit.

For me to this day it has and will always be about The Wheelchair. It got a few different names as it was tossed around circles of friends for sure but we are definitely talking about the same cut.

It's strength was the only thing that ever came close to the Chemdog D that was going around at that time in the fort as "The D" among my friend. In fact, the wheelchair was better many of the times.

I'll keep you informed on my search for sure SH, I have like a team of friends that still live back there with their ears to the ground looking for it.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Honestly, I was never a fan of the Cough, Cough 1, FoCo Cough, Strawberry Cough or any Cough that ever made it's way around the front range. I guess it's just not my kind of plant at the end of the day but I see why so many love it.

For me to this day it has and will always be about The Wheelchair.

1. Ditto- hard to salivate over a phlemglobber.

2. Left nut for one cut of the wheelchair.

F

Funkfingers

I wonder how many of those kids who got gifted a cut of "the D" really knew how special she was....

Love me so Ft Collins Cough, not seeing as many good batches as I used to though.

On a side note, a buddy of mine recently popped some seeds he found in a batch of cough that he was growing. The only other plant in the garden was Bruce Banner ( og x rez's straw d) , well as most of you know rez's gear tends to herm a little and some how there was viable pollen produced.. Long story short testing out the different phenos of this girl as we speak, there should be some keepers in there considering the parent plants.

Now what's a good name for these girls????

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Anyone heard of Trophy? I came across some herb in 1998 that was lime green with big crown royal purple hairs on it. I didn't know the name, but it was supposedly a purple haze cross of some sort. It looked like a sativa dominant cross, decent density. Ran into an old friend who said it was called Trophy. I've never seen anything close to those purple hairs ever since, not in pictures, nothing. Please tell me someone else has seen buds like this before. It's so unique.

Top Bottom