Strains originating in Colorado

• Thread starter Mr.Sputnik
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

thumpnasty

i live in colorado. this is what i have been up too.... in the mail.....
ogiesel
julius caesar
rascal og
sfv of
larry og
tahoe og
corleaone kush
extrema
blackwater kush

already popped....
4sd
sd
sfvdchemdog
chemdogsd
sssdh
chemdogdd/chemdog
strawberry cheesel
oger99
flo
grapekrush
vanilaluna
strawberry x18
sour bubble

life is good in the rockies.
Go Nuggets!!!!!!

G

ganjherbsmoke

thanks for the list man
looks good but

uhhhh this is the strains originating in colorado thread

none of which are listed in ur post lol
that should go in the what im growing in colorado thread i guess...

T

TyKaycha

i live in colorado. this is what i have been up too.... in the mail.....

life is good in the rockies.
Go Nuggets!!!!!!

Maybe post in the Strain Originating in California thread! Hahaha! :rofl

Seriously though, nice group of seeds. Wouldn't mind getting a nug of that corleone kush, and maybe a couple of cuts of it & grapekrush too.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Maybe post in the Strain Originating in California thread! Hahaha! :rofl

Seriously though, nice group of seeds. Wouldn't mind getting a nug of that corleone kush, and maybe a couple of cuts of it & grapekrush too.

I'll be hunting through some kush beans to find a grape pheno here in a few months. I had one that smelt and tasted like concord grapes, a bit more subtle and tastey than this koolaid grape stuff out there. I'll send a PM when I find it. It's not if I'm finding that pheno again, it's when.

T

TyKaycha

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mr.Sputnik again."

Sweet Thanks!

rockymtnbuds

rockymtnbuds

BMB is a local Colorado strain that has become a huge hit with the med group in the 4 corners area. Its a Blue Moonshine x Ortega cross and it rocks.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

My buddy in Durango has been talking about it. Ortega must be some great stuff; it is the parent strain of several great crosses, LUI being my favorite.

F

Funkfingers

Come on brotha there is no denver diesel.. how about the kerple , or the kiz (ssh x og )
The Jack-ough ( herer x cough).

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I smoked some of the SSH X OG last night and it was quite tastey. Apparently it flew off of the shelf at whatever disp had it and all the guy had was shake. It was nice for sure, sweet like tangerine candy with a hint of skunky/musty. It's worth trying.

There seems to be a large selection of cross breeds in Denver right now, kind of the same old strains remixed with another old strain to try and make something new. I don't think people bother to engineer these crosses most of the time, they kind of just throw two strains together and hope it comes out good. It's the same old flavors out there. There's not alot of new genetics being injected into the scene. The denver diesel is a good example, I'm sure it's just diesel crossed with another strain like NL, blueberry, OG, bubba, G13, grape ape, ISS, ect. If there is one strain that is all over denver and has been all over denver it's the ISS in my opinion.

Here's a new strain that true grit has going on that looks real tasty and new flavors, rocky mountain dream

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Idk what to tell ya' Sput ill try to get some pictures up but im running it 24hrs a day and pistils just sprouted out at the nodes last night.

BTW I think you can add Biker Blue to that. I've got one cut that a caregiver gave me, pine sol cheesey sativa, however the man has referred to this strain as Blue Biker and Blue Bullrider.

Are you rumming the poster child under HPS for veg? I've noticed that it's easier to sex plants under HPS in veg as they start to show better preflowers than a MH. I did have one hashplant male that autoflowered under the HPS with 24hrs of light. Most of my females have a calyx at the node running a HPS bulb.

M

MJPassion

Be caerful sexing under HPS lighting. It could cause undue stress and herm a plant or make it show untrue sex traits (female preflowers on a male plant). I've seen it happen. If ya wanna get a higher female ratio presex under blue light. ;)

M

MJPassion

BMB is a local Colorado strain that has become a huge hit with the med group in the 4 corners area. Its a Blue Moonshine x Ortega cross and it rocks.

I'm lovin that BMB. ;)

Flowers fast is great meds and has huge yield.

Same as the Grapefruit Haze...

Both from RMB in the high state.

M

MJPassion

That Rocky Mountain Dream is rockin too. Looks awesome Altitude.

D

DrFeelGood

The Fort Collins Cough, Trophy, Cabbage, and Colorado adapted Blueberry strain that has been here for well over 20 years are my favorites. The two I'd love to get my hands on are the true Cough that is not the crap that is going around everywhere today, and the non existant Trophy.

-Dr FG

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Be caerful sexing under HPS lighting. It could cause undue stress and herm a plant or make it show untrue sex traits (female preflowers on a male plant). I've seen it happen. If ya wanna get a higher female ratio presex under blue light. ;)

The only issue I have had vegging under a HPS is one of my supreme hashplants half-ass autoflowered. I blame the genetic for that one, it was a weak ass male and none of the other plants came close to doing what that one did. I've popped plenty of seeds and vegged plants under HPS with no problem for years, strains ranging from pure afghani to pure thai. The only issue I've ever noticed was just that autoflower male. Any issue I have had I would not attribute to a HPS. The only difference I have noticed is the plants tend to show SLIGHTLY better preflowers a little bit earlier, making sexing just a little easier. I've never had a plant herm that wasn't a piece of shit to begin with, typically unreliably sourced gifted seeds. Any time I've seen a healthy genetic herm it's been from a screwup in the lighting cycle or a light leak. My ratios are typically dead nuts 50/50 male female from good seed stock.

MJpassion, I'm not trying to disagree with you or discredit your experience, I'm just sharing my own experience which just happens to differ from yours.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

That Rocky Mountain Dream is rockin too. Looks awesome Altitude.

Thanks, MJ! We're going to put 'er out there, one patient at a time.

DrFeelgood, my buddy has the original FC Cough- I just "tested" his first run of her. Tastes like 1998. I was skeptical, too, and a little surprised it's still around. PM for details.

I wonder what this thread will look like in 3 years.

rockymtnbuds

rockymtnbuds

I'm lovin that BMB. ;)

Flowers fast is great meds and has huge yield.

Same as the Grapefruit Haze...

Both from RMB in the high state.

Soon there will be fresh seeds of both available again.
I've run the Biker Blue a few times. Its Blueberry x Abusive OG and its one of my faves.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

DrFeelgood, my buddy has the original FC Cough- I just "tested" his first run of her. Tastes like 1998. I was skeptical, too, and a little surprised it's still around. PM for details.

I'm getting the Chemdog from a friend whenever she gets her ass back up to denver. We should swap cuttings, I think the original Chemdog is a good swap for the original cough, whadayathink! I'm seeing DF this afternoon and I guarantee you he'll be stoked about the FOCO cough! Cross the RMD with the Chemdog, get some dreamdawg!

D

DrFeelGood

altitudefarmer- Very good to hear!!! I am a MMJ patient/Caregiver for myself and my father and would love to purchase one or possibly Mr. Sputnik and I could trade you/him for Original Chemdog? Let me know.

Thanks!

-DR FG:very_first_smiley:

Top Bottom