Strange ‘fungus’ on stem

• Thread starter SparcOne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SparcOne

SparcOne

Hi, I just pulled one of my plants due to finding early signs of it going hermi. I luckily got it in time, after inspecting the roots and stem I found these crazy looking balls(I’ll post pic). I have 11 girls outdoors going strong in their 4th week of flower but now I’m wondering if this if what looks to be fungus may also be on the others. Also the hermi was also the only unhealthy looking plant I had so maybe the only one with this issue. I have Azamax so thinking of a soil drench for preventative reasons on the rest, any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks
Strange fungus on stem

SparcOne

SparcOne

Also this was all obviously under the soil otherwise I would have spotted it a lot earlier

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

id make a batch of bacterial tea and feed the plants,fungus will over whelm and outgrow bacteria,but bacteria is mack daddy and put some whoop ass on it,if you want to stay natural
bacterial tea i use
1.5 lbs bacterial compost or vermicompost
3-4 tbsp black strap
2 tbsp liquid kelp or 4 tsp dry kelp
3-4 tsp fish emulsions
bacterial compost is any compost with large number of humus

fungal tea
2 pounds fungal compost//manure compost
3-4 tbsp humic acid
2 tsp yucca extract
4tsp dry kelp or 2 tbsp liquid kelp
4-5 tsp of fish hyrolysate//////////////<<<<< there is a difrence here

what i do is feed once a week alternating,the tea and in between i use the humbolt secret 2 part,
so fungal tea
bacterial tea.
humbolt <<<<<<<<<<once a week,if my plants need feed during week they get just water
this might help next run maybe even this run,just what iuse and have pretty good luck with

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I have not seen that. In to learn more...
me too under the sol line,interesting,a microscope and some one knows how to use come in handy right now,got a buddy in spain that could tell us what it is and the cause,but ole hisseen bubble pissed him off and want come back to the farm any more

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

me too under the sol line,interesting,a microscope and some one knows how to use come in handy right now,got a buddy in spain that could tell us what it is and the cause,but ole hisseen bubble pissed him off and want come back to the farm any more

Well he isnt here anymore. Tell your friend to grow a pair and help? Lol

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Well he isnt here anymore. Tell your friend to grow a pair and help? Lol
you might have known um,ecompost owned his own organic nutrient company,betterorganix,nope that shit run his ass raw and he from estonia ,them folk dont play bull shit games hahahah,i did see @jumpincactus hanging around earlier maybe he chime in.
ive never seen anything like this on cannbis,i have seen it on trunks of trees and my guess was fungus,more like the start of honey mushrooms ,as you see they evolve pretty quick ,this is a big reason if you make IMO'S you stay away from these spores if it is honey shrooms

FourthCity

FourthCity

Hi, I just pulled one of my plants due to finding early signs of it going hermi. I luckily got it in time, after inspecting the roots and stem I found these crazy looking balls(I’ll post pic). I have 11 girls outdoors going strong in their 4th week of flower but now I’m wondering if this if what looks to be fungus may also be on the others. Also the hermi was also the only unhealthy looking plant I had so maybe the only one with this issue. I have Azamax so thinking of a soil drench for preventative reasons on the rest, any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks View attachment 931690
This may be a dumb question but do they easily come off the stem? If not then they may just be little root probes that swelled up but never really needed to develop further. A lot of my clones look like that right before the roots bust out.

SparcOne

SparcOne

This may be a dumb question but do they easily come off the stem? If not then they may just be little root probes that swelled up but never really needed to develop further. A lot of my clones look like that right before the roots bust out.

This is what I think it is too, they are pretty secure on the stem. I’ve also seen them on clones only once though.. when I made a bad decision to inject clonex in to the root riot cubes after the cutting had already been placed in the hole resulting in clonex remnants being left up the stem and then seeing root probes form above the soil line. They look very similar to what I found this time. Very strange though as this was from seed and about 12 weeks old.

HeLLfiReZ

HeLLfiReZ

This is what I think it is too, they are pretty secure on the stem. I’ve also seen them on clones only once though.. when I made a bad decision to inject clonex in to the root riot cubes after the cutting had already been placed in the hole resulting in clonex remnants being left up the stem and then seeing root probes form above the soil line. They look very similar to what I found this time. Very strange though as this was from seed and about 12 weeks old.
Was it dark or low light under the skirt of the plant? I've seen this before to a smaller degree with roots popping out of some of the growths and going to the open air into the soil.

SparcOne

SparcOne

They are outdoors so they get different varies of light through out the day

Was it dark or low light under the skirt of the plant? I've seen this before to a smaller degree with roots popping out of some of the growths and going to the open air into the soil.
rc

P

PurSaveer

I had an 'adventure' with crown gall back in the last century. It was a nightmare! My fellow grower and buddy saw the potato-like growths at the soil line on some of his stems. Next thing you know I had it at my house. Then it spread to our cuttings. It was devastating, because the tumors choke off the growth above them.

Researching online identified it as crown gall, or agrobacterium tumefasciens'. This stuff attaches itself to the DNA of a plant, and is used in genetic engineering. In other words, if you have a plant that has it, whether it has manifested yet or not, cuttings from that plant will also have the disease. Trust me on that one! My friend got the disease from bringing plants outdoors into the bushes when his landlord was doing repairs, and then bringing them back in a week later. Crown gall is incurable. My friend tore down, bleached, painted every surface, got new stock, and got it again. Then I got serious about this problem.

The good news is that 'plant cancer' CAN be beaten- sort of. My panicked research led me to a product called No Gall. It originated in Australia. I got the K1026 strain, inoculated everything, got new cuttings, and started back up. Never saw it again, and that was about 25 years ago. When plants are inoculated with No Gall, the crown gall can't get in. "Sorry tumors, all full up here, move along."

Top Bottom