Strange branch growth on Clones

• Thread starter ColasQueen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

ColasQueen

IMG_03051.JPG
IMG_03031.JPG
I have successfully taken clones for prior crops, but htis time, all the branches grew from the bottom instead of growing out of the main stem as it grows.
Has anyone had plants grow like this? Also, I have posted pictures where on one table I have trimmed hard only leaving four-six main branch tips to grow and on the other table, I have left all fingerlings/small branches. My question is whether I should remove all small branches and fingerlings to increase my yield? Thoughts?

B

bongoboy

Woah, that's weird...I don't have an answer for you, though I'll be sticking around to see if someone else does. Very intriguing...

C

ColasQueen

Thanksy Bongoboy - hoping someone else has seen this, sure is weird...
Ciao-
CQ

B

Boots Sugarleaf

it might be a characteristic of the genetics. what cut is it? or is it unknown? I have seen a couple genetics that naturally grow this way though.

what did the mama look like? growth habit wise? any pics?

C

ColasQueen

Hi Boots,
I don't think it is genetic, the previous two crops were from from the same mother and did not grow like this. Strain is Kush.
I did notice the mother changed from being normal at 4 months old, to then not growing new branches, but kind of clustered on the stalk.
Hard to get pictures of mother as she is five feet tall, but here I tired
Watcha think?

6 mo old mama
Base of  6 mos old Mam
One branch of 6 mo old Mama
2 mo old Mama with strange branch growth
Another pic of 2 mo old mama
jansjukebox

jansjukebox

They remind me of suckers that grow on certain trees. Always grow out of the bottom like that but honestly I don't think I've ever seen it on MJ...lol

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

i just thought about it thoug..if it's a clone, you might have got the cloning hormone above the dirt line and the nubs just grew into shoots. I had 2 clones this last round that I notices nubs above the soil line. Guess I got the cloning jell a little higher on the stalk than I planted it into the soiless. I just planted it deeper when I transplanted it. Bout the only thing I can think of though

B

Boots Sugarleaf

Hmmm, which kush? pure kush perhaps, but either way never seen that on a real kush...the real green crack cut will sorta do this at times, and I am thinking a grandad I had once did this as well

jansjukebox could be onto something, I can get roots on leaves when I play with hormone enough and nubs can grow leaves/new branches but not usually

but if you say the mom is doing it now too and it didn't before then it must be a hormonal change in the plant for some reason. have you started a new mom yet to see if she will grow normal for a bit then go back to this weird behavior?

any change in nutrient or light schedule on the mama? anything to freak her out hormonally?

any chance your mom was a reveg? if so did she get seeded at all while in flower before? after seeding plants change certain hormonal outputs

just some thoughts

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've seen little suckers grow on girls that have had their legs shaved hard (as I do with ScroG), and on my OD seed-grown girls, and on girls grown from cuts. I pinch 'em off, I don't want growth that low.

T

TheAngryCook

kinda looks like a revert from buding i have seen something like this but in a small cut of purps i got from a friend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom