Strange brown spots with green inside

• Thread starter The Newbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

The Newbie

Hello Farmers, first time grower here.

So far, the grow has been going very well. I'm about 2 weeks from harvest. However, I've noticed these strange brown blotches with green coloration inside on a few of my plants' leaves lately. I was thinking they might be fungus gnats, but none of the pictures I've seen show the dark green color inside of the blotches.

Does anyone have an idea what this could be?

I'm growing in soil under a 1000w light, I'm not currently giving them any nutrient additives but was adding guano to the water once a week until about 2 weeks ago.

Edit: Disregard the duplicate pictures :)

Strange brown spots with green inside
Strange brown spots with green inside 2
Strange brown spots with green inside 3
Strange brown spots with green inside 4
showmegreen

showmegreen

I had somethin like that once. What I did was probably wrong but it seemed to work. My guess was that the chicken shit I threw in my peet mix was too hot. So I tuned my rain water way down in ph with baking soda, added oyster shell broken down with vinagar until it was dust and didnt smell like vinagar no more (bout near 3 days a soakin time) and made a spray fer mistin the leaf underneaths. As alwsys I threw in a pinch of Epsom Salts per galon ( Just a mite pinch). An I stopped waterin the soil. See my guess was that the water was makin the chicken shit too "hot"(I guess thats the word) so I dried the water up abit an "cooled" it down. At least that's what I think I did. Anyway I just sprayed them lightly once ta twice daily ( mornin then evenin) next thing ya know it stopped rottin or watever it was doin. Hope I'm not leadin ya stray. So ys mite wanna wsit till one of the sciency type people take a wack a yer problem. id not wanna screw you all up. But that is my guess

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I see more than one deficiency. I see -P, -C,-Mg,and -N which leads me to believe that 1: your not feeding enough Or 2: your soils pH could be low or acidic ( maybe from the guano or from overwatering ) and causing lockout.

If you want to take action immediately Flush her with fresh RO water pHd to 6. -6.5 Then finish flush with a 1/2 strength feeding of nutes. Best of luck !

T

The Newbie

I see more than one deficiency. I see -P, -C,-Mg,and -N which leads me to believe that 1: your not feeding enough Or 2: your soils pH could be low or acidic ( maybe from the guano or from overwatering ) and causing lockout.

If you want to take action immediately Flush her with fresh RO water pHd to 6. -6.5 Then finish flush with a 1/2 strength feeding of nutes. Best of luck !
Yeah, I didn't have a PH test kit until about a week ago, and when I tested the runoff PH it came out at a whopping 8-8.5 (water going in was 7).

The day after that, I took them outside and flushed them with water pHd to 6 until it was coming out the bottom at 6 as well. This was about 4 days ago.

I just watered them with water pHd to 6 and a half dose of bat guano (I tested/adjusted pH after I added the guano), hopefully that'll help. Thanks for the reply!

Edit: Added a few more pictures of the plants, would appreciate any thoughts.

100 2760
100 2761
100 2763
100 2762
Last edited:
ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
If you pH was high when you tested then you need to FEED big time. The nutes your deficient in lockout with low pH. She's hungry. Peace.

T

The Newbie

If you pH was high when you tested then you need to FEED big time. The nutes your deficient in lockout with low pH. She's hungry. Peace.
I added a few more pictures to the comment above, tell me what you think. I really appreciate the advice, thanks again.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Just to add. Bat guano comes from many different sources some have high N others have high P some have a more balanced P N K ration , but it's usually not used alone as a nutrient. I'd recommend getting a type of nutrient with a complete formula. You might not be helping with simple BG. best of luck !

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
She's beautiful and in full bloom. Give her a complete nutrient feeding for flowering cannabis at 1/2 strength. She will like it. But she just needs a little to help her bulk out and finish up. I'd feed her 2-3 weeks then stop. Peace

T

The Newbie

Thanks a bunch for the help, I'm definitely going to invest in a Bloom solution to try and perk them up. This forum really is the best :D

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Thanks a bunch for the help, I'm definitely going to invest in a Bloom solution to try and perk them up. This forum really is the best :D

Yes it is. I'm not only a member I'm also a client. Lol :)

Best of luck !

urban1026835

urban1026835

had something like that when I got root rot once and the embarrasing part was I could smell it in the runoff and still took me a while to figure out what the deal was( the saucer was a diff brand and deep was being lazy not draining runoff).

Not saying that's your problem because mine was from all around lockout from the rot.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I see that you're growing in black nursery pots outside. I suggest covering the pots or shading them somehow, because hot roots can cause weird problems, kinda like what you're seeing. Kind of a LOT like what you're seeing.

I'm landing with Celtic on the Dx, too. I see only/mainly a P issue.

T

The Newbie

I see that you're growing in black nursery pots outside. I suggest covering the pots or shading them somehow, because hot roots can cause weird problems, kinda like what you're seeing. Kind of a LOT like what you're seeing.

I'm landing with Celtic on the Dx, too. I see only/mainly a P issue.
Nah, I'm actually growing indoor under a 1000w HPS. The reason they're outside in those pictures is because I recently bought a PH test kit and found that the run-off PH was all the way up to 8, so I took them outside and flushed them with 6.5 until the runoff came out 6.5 as well.

Edited to add: However, I do live in a hot climate, and the room does get pretty warm when the light is on (I run the light from 10PM to 10AM to try to control heat), so warm roots could indeed be the problem as well.

Thanks for the response :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hmm... that room would have to get pretty hot for the roots to get hot enough to really cause problems. I saw those girls in the sun and I've had too much experience with cooked roots to not say something.

Latest posts

Top Bottom