Strange curling on upper leaves?

• Thread starter Dr_Cactus12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dr_Cactus12

Hi everyone, I started three clones earlier in April and everything seems to be going well with the plants except for possibly one. This one, despite actually looking really healthy, has a weird issue where the leaves on the stems nearer the top are pointing downward for some reason. However, this “downward pointed leaf” issue is distinct from previous times I’ve gotten issues like this in that the leaves are all perfectly healthy and and not canoeing or discoloring or anything like they usually would with something like this. Instead, they are just simply pointing downward. Additionally, and possibly most importantly, this issue is only apparent on a few stems nearer the top, while the other 90% of stems don’t have this issue. My thought was wind burn at first but I’m really not sure about that as the fans aren’t blowing directly on the plants and rather are pointed at the corners to bounce the air off of the walls of the tent. Any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Strange curling on upper leaves
Strange curling on upper leaves 2
Strange curling on upper leaves 3
Strange curling on upper leaves 4
Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Is this a Kush strain? I have seen the kush cuts do the "twist" before like that. Without knowing much more I would guess maybe that one got overwatered but its hard to say without knowing more details. Are you soil? Hydro? Nutrients?

D

Dr_Cactus12

Is this a Kush strain? I have seen the kush cuts do the "twist" before like that. Without knowing much more I would guess maybe that one got overwatered but its hard to say without knowing more details. Are you soil? Hydro? Nutrients?
Whats the RH% and Temp?
Hey guys my bad, got distracted while writing this and completely forgot to give details:

Medium: Soil (FFOF)
Input pH (water and nutes): 6.5
Runoff pH: 6.4
RH: 56% over 24h average
Temp: 77f over 24h average

Have only given this plant a single 1/4 dose of Grow big previous watering, otherwise I have only given it pH’ed water with a half dose of calmag. The strain in the photo is Wedding Cake, I have never grown this particular strain from Clone Guy before but their other strains seem to have great genetics and make relatively robust plants.

Last edited:
SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Hey guys my bad, got distracted while writing this and completely forgot to give details:

Medium: Soil (FFOF)
Input pH (water and nutes): 6.5
Runoff pH: 6.4
RH: 56% over 24h average
Temp: 77f over 24h average

Have only given this plant a single 1/4 dose of Grow big previous watering, otherwise I have only given it pH’ed water with a half dose of calmag. The strain in the photo is Wedding Cake, I have never grown this particular strain from Clone Guy before but their other strains seem to have great genetics and make relatively robust plants.
Mite need a transplant that could be stress from root bound plant.
Grow bible by Jorge Cervantes
It's a life saver

Top Bottom