Strange larvae on leaves with black spots as well

• Thread starter R. Face
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
it should be mostly fine, that herb looks good

just watch closely in the bids that are still alive for new eggs hatching, new teeny tiny larvae...they will zap your buds if they are still in there hatching
Yes, they do look good. I can't remember how you said you were growing, hopefully if it's organic in soil the lack of a chance to flush won't terribly adversely affect the final product.

Just an FYI, Spinosad and other B. thuringiensis sprays are safe to use almost all the way through flower.

Now that you know you may have this problem in the future, you can very easily treat prophylactically so as to prevent this, because as jansjukebox says, there are still those future larvae to contend with. Plus the poop just makes a mess.

Read about the 'myth' of Bt here

Literature.

C

chickenn

the black stuff on the leaf is not worm shit. it is a black mold that grows on the worm shit.

have fun smoking that shit. hopefully it is not harmful.

gonna go with foolsgold on this one. smoke molded worm shit weed if you want to.

R

R. Face

lol you two are trippin for real...obviously you do not understand the extent of the situation, if all plants had leaves that were like the original post, then id consider having an eipidemic. But the sitch, is that to where I found a total of 5 bugs on the leaves themselves, not buds.

Which leads me to beleive they are not bud eating worms, either way they arent in my buds. Ive picked them apart, no mold or worms, they just have seemed to eat a few of the fans, this shit does indeed spread fast, which also leads me to think I found it literally right when it hit. So they are half pulled now, and i havent had to sacrifice any molded or "shitty" bud. Just the sacirfice of not letting them go the full 8-9wks...

And regardless of what the black stuff is, shits not in my buds. This isnt a chest puffing comp. so its not being an egotistical asshole, its understanding the seriousness of the problem and knowing that it is salvagable, after this. New room, new place. So this wont be a problem after this...

P.s. I use Azatrol and SM90 in veg, and i literally have 4ft. mothers in tents 2ft away from the affected bloom plants, i still spray my veggin plants and have not seen a transition. I dont however spray after wk 1 of bloom, so that might have allowed it to get to where were at now..

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Face if i were u i wont cut up the all crop bro, just remove all the fan leaves!! until u have a clear view then remove all the worms by hands crush them and destroy the bastard!!

Two weeks aint long and if the probelm just started then u can finish ur harvest with major problems...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If I'm one of the people trippin', then so be it. We only know what the OP offers us as evidence, and the leaves that I saw looked like they were well-infested. My philosophy (and experience) says where there's a few there's always a lot more.
<shrug>

R

R. Face

Damn, I guess were all gonna agree to disagree, i understand the extent of the sitch. I wont fuel Fools' internet eagerness for a stimulating argument, so its the last post for this thread, best closed actually.

And Seamaiden, absolutley not, you have been a wealth of knowledge and actually lended info rather than throwing out useless hate on an internet site. I thank you for helping and all others who did too.

Thanks, and btw I personally wouldnt think that tossing 1.5-2#'s of Bubba would be a great idea, considering leaf dwelling bugs..def. enough to want to save a crop and not just throw ones hands up and walk away from 5mo. of work..but no need for convincing as I know the internet hating game..

For the shit talkers I have a thread that followed this grow, so ill def be sure to post harvest shots to show everyone how shitty it came out..;)

Closed.

F

foolsgold

:roflmy internet eagerness for a stimulating argument? i bet thats the your attempt at an intelligent sentence.
first off i gave you my opinion plain and simple. you then took it to the next level by insulting me. so for the record you were the first to talk shit on your own thread. i could care less about internet eagerness for stimulating argument whatever the hell that even means. . just gave my opinion and thats all. you expect me sit back and let you insult me. grow a pair and stop crying.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
no need to be a dick. i'd say the asshole with fucking larvea on his buds is the fool. have fun smoking worms dick!:middlefinger

And your the asshole with the user title banned :evilgrin0040:

Back on topic everyone :cake

D

Dubwobble

Geez, it's his weed. He is asking for help, not to be attacked.

--------------------

I think TheCoolestMan's idea is prob the best if you are close to flower... just cut off the effected leaves, and manually kill any other you see.

B. thuringiensis sprays would work well if you can find some. Bigger grow stores usually have it. It attacks the larvae with a "insect specific" fungus. The fungus kills the bug and then the dead bugs body becomes a carrier of the fungus spores which get spread throughout the population. It doesn't effect the plant at all.

Also, most outdoor weed always has some bugs in it, even if you don't see them.
Doesn't make it unsmokable.
The worms/catepillars you find in outdoor crops seem WAY WAY worse then the little tiny moth larvae this fellow grower has.

And...

If worse comes to worse, I wouldn't throw anything out. You can always BHO it.

The buds you did harvest look supa-dank BTW !

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
R. Face, glad my posts have been helpful. :)

I believe Spinosad is a Bt spray, but I'm not 100% positive. I found one (a Bt spray) locally, at Lowe's I think.

southstreets

southstreets

i heard spinosad can burn the herb though.. once ur really far along in flower.. theres a company called safer that has an all organic bt spray which u can use all the way upto harvest time..

M

MSL Foundation

Garden Center

1st step of course...clean up the larvae that you can see on the plant and the soil.

While your cleaning the larvae that you can see off the plants. Take a sample of the Larvae to your local gardening center for testing.

Call ahead and make sure they do testing on larvae you found on your tomatoes....But usually local gardening centers will do a test to see what kind of pest it is.

Then you know what pest your dealing with. Then use the necessary application appropriate for that particular pest.

Or if you do not care and do not mind chemicals....Then just NUKE EM!

good luck
MSL

B

Boots Sugarleaf

i heard spinosad can burn the herb though.. once ur really far along in flower.. theres a company called safer that has an all organic bt spray which u can use all the way upto harvest time..

I have used spinosad many times and never burnt the plant! if you spray indoors with lamps on maybe, but it doesn't burn on it's own

southstreets

southstreets

cool.. nice to know bro!!! thats what i've read from other peoples experiences with spino.. ive never used it.. i just stick with bt.. but mayb ill start just as an insurance measure...

B

Boots Sugarleaf

this is what saved out harvest the first year I had caterpillars:

comfort_2102_128973686

B

Boots Sugarleaf

the net or any garden shop, search "green light spinosad" on google, you should find it.

it is like 12 bux a bottle

Latest posts

Top Bottom