Strange leaf growth on seedlings

• Thread starter Sensamina
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sensamina

Hi guys, Im growing 4 gorilla zkittlez feminised in a 4x4 tent. The plants are still in the seedling stage and 1 of them is showing strange growth on the new sets of leaf. No serated edges and a shrivled appearance.
Have you ever encountered this ?
All other babies look fine to me il post a pic for comparisn.
Thanks.
Strange leaf growth on seedlings
Strange leaf growth on seedlings 3

Strange leaf growth on seedlings 2
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Since the others are doing OK, it could be something you're doing to that pot and not the others, or it's just a freak plant.

Typically, when leaves aren't expanding as they should, the plant is either not taking in enough water or low humidity is sucking water out of the plant too quickly. If your %RH is low, it can cause this — except I'd expect to see the same on the other plants. Did you overwater this one?

It's not intuitive to new growers, but overwatering can slow down water uptake. Roots need oxygen or they don't work properly.

Then there's the freak plant theory. In that case, it might just outgrow this situation.

S

Sensamina

Thanks for the opinion Mysticepipedon,
The relative humidity is at around 65% so I wouldnt consider that as the cause of the problem and as I you said the other plants look fine. All the rest is all the same for all 4 plants so it couldnt be a 1 of thing thats just affecting this plant. I was thinking it a genetic issue, as far as growth goes its still growing at the same rate as the others just has some strange features, I just hope it will grow out of it and make some nice bud = ].

Top Bottom