Strange leaf shape - light stress??

• Thread starter Ganjineering
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ganjineering

Ganjineering

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if could get some advice on my current grow. I am a novice grower, growing rockwool cubes with top feed drip irrigation, Gavita LEDs. The strain I’m working with is Rockstar Kush. I am noticing some interesting ‘claw’ shaped leaves in some of my otherwise healthy plants, that look to have only 3 leaves - any ideas what this is or if it’s anything to be worried about?

I know that I made the mistake of transplanting way too early and the lights did come down hard on the girls so there is some signs of yellow tips on some of the earlier growth. I currently have the lights dimmed to 50% with the top of the plants about 4.5ft away from the fixtures, unfortunately I have no more head room. This is Day 17, I plan on topping once tomorrow, then vegging for another week or so before I strip and flip. I am using CO2 enrichment at 950ppm and trying to dial in the VPD at about 0.6, trying to get the best out of them. Pics are of the earlier growth showing clear light stress, and of the fresh growth taking that somewhat threatening shape.

Thanks!

Strange leaf shape   light stress
Strange leaf shape   light stress 2
Strange leaf shape   light stress 3
Strange leaf shape   light stress 4
Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

Curved or disformed usually a sign of overfertilization. No big deal just watch the new growth for change to normal leaves. It may have been caused by root damage during transplant too. Good luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom