Strange Puffy/discolored 2,3 & 4 Fan Leafs

• Thread starter Thelight413
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thelight413

Thelight413

Having some strange leafs growing in my veg as well as some strange colors and some stem purpling. Using Canna coco in 1 gal smart pots, canna nutes + calimagic and drip clean. EC of my feed is around 1.1, My veg area is in my basement which is pretty chilly but it usually sits at around 68 directly under the 8 bulb T5. The Max/min function on my thermometer showed me that it has gotten down to 51 degrees Farenheit down there and I don't know if that is the cause of the problem but my new growth is all 3 fan leafs instead of 5 or 7, the leafs are also puffy and you can see the ridges in them, they just don't look to healthy. Humidity is around 50%. Here are some pics of the leafs, let me know what you think:
image1_1.jpg

image2_1.jpg

Here is a pic of what the leaves looked like when I got the clones:
image3_1.jpg

and here is a short, puffy, 3 fan
image4_1.jpg

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think my thread (in my signature line) will be helpful for you. Keep them on a vegging light schedule, if you can then get them warmed up, and feed a wee bit of higher nitrogen feed. AFTER you've read the thread. If it stays that cold in there they won't use water *or* nutrients at all, you'll cause rot if you try.

In any event, the cause of triple-lobed leaves IF it's not a normal feature of the plant (like many OG lines) is due to the switch from flowering (sexually regenerative) to vegetative (leaf growth) phase. It takes about six weeks to get back to normal growth.

Thelight413

Thelight413

Thanks again sea maiden, always appreciate you chiming in. I have placed an order for a grow tent to put the t5 and veg plants in hoping that they will stay warm In there....I think they will.

Come to think of it, I saw some small calyxes and hairs starting to appear that I also saw on a plant that I cloned that was from flower that started to show one fan and three fan leafs. I'll post a close pic once I get home later tonight

hermit186

hermit186

The leaves that have problems will not show much improvement. The new ones are how you will tell. Depending on how they were cloned can cause a whole group of leaf problems if you just use coco and rooting compound and don't put just a bit of nutrients in there then the clone fighting for life will burn a lot of the trace minerals hell you just cut it off and the feeder is down there in ma plant. I do a aero cloner and it will show up fast with one of them when I dip in clonex and put in beer cup full of coco I have small flood table that I clone in with 1/8th strength nutrients. For all the guys who say just use ro water and rooting hormone is the cheapest way but the best NO. Your plants are confused and then your going to put in flood table and water regular and feed plant will take off but has the possibility of PSD.

Top Bottom