Strange Wrinkled Looking Leaves

• Thread starter kenmastazz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kenmastazz

Hi,

i have some experience in growing and had some successful grows with my current setup:

DIY DWC 8L Bucket
2 Airstones + Pumps
Lucas Formula maxibloom with tapwater but 5 instead of 7g 1.6Ec(750 ppm)
pH 5.5-6.0 I let it drift
100w COBs(cx3950) 3500k but dimmed 70%
Water Temp: 20-21°C

This is a Fastbud girl scout cookie 2 weeks old from the start it looked strange kind of wrinkled I never had this problem before. I changed the reservoir on saturday but still no improvement.

After doing some research it comes down to bad genetics or root rot. I never had root rot so I can't say for sure. I would appreciate some advice.

Im from Germany so products like sm90 or the whole botanicare products are not available here...

Thanks!

Strange wrinkled looking leaves
Strange wrinkled looking leaves 2
Strange wrinkled looking leaves 3
K

kenmastazz

So bad genetics ? I had 2 bad experiences since I’m growing and both times it was gsc....

jammie

jammie

looks like nute burn to me. try lowering ppm's 50% for a week and see if the new growth returns to normal

K

kenmastazz

looks like nute burn to me. try lowering ppm's 50% for a week and see if the new growth returns to normal
you're sure I've never seen a nute burn like that? and i changed the reservoir on saturday before that it was only tapwater, magnesium because my tapwater has a very bad ca:mg ratio(10:1) and 1-2g Maxibloom with an ec of 1.0-1.1 and the problem was from the beginning

4plant

4plant

I usually suspect too much water or rather lack of oxygen but your roots are slightly brown do you add a humic/ fulvic or kelp product that could dye them? Smell them, might be early rot. Also 1.6 ec seems way too high for plants that small. I tend to stay below 1.0ec until flowering.

W

WesleySnipes

Hi,

i have some experience in growing and had some successful grows with my current setup:

DIY DWC 8L Bucket
2 Airstones + Pumps

This is a Fastbud girl scout cookie 2 weeks old from the start it looked strange kind of wrinkled I never had this problem before. I changed the reservoir on saturday but still no improvement.

After doing some research it comes down to bad genetics or root rot. I never had root rot so I can't say for sure. I would appreciate some advice.

Im from Germany so products like sm90 or the whole botanicare products are not available here...

Thanks!
If you look at your fan leaves the tips of them are turned down. This is known as "the claw" and indicates excessive nitrogen. Another indicator that I see that there is too much nitrogen is in your new growth. The new growth you have is deep green, new growth should start off a lighter color due to it not producing photosynthesis. It probably an overall nutrient excess not just nitrogen. Your RH is kind of low causing your okant to transpire more, transpiration acts as a straw, when the plant gives off water to the atmosphere it draws up water from your solution bringing the nutient content with it. It has no choice but to transpire so when your EC is too high the plant inadvertently draws up excess nutrients. 1.6 EC seems a bit High considering the plant size and RH level. Like the previous poster said cut your EC in half for a week and observe. I would recomend raising your RH to 60-70% with lights on.

R

R0cket

Hi,

DIY DWC 8L Bucket
2 Airstones + Pumps

Thanks!
looks like pj fluctuation to me...
Hi,

DIY DWC 8L Bucket
2 Airstones + Pumps

Thanks!
looks like ph fluctuation to me

Madmax

Madmax

Dont see any nitrogen toxity with that plant dude..have you got your screen light turned down or somethin..

W

WesleySnipes

Dont see any nitrogen toxity with that plant dude..have you got your screen light turned down or somethin..
Those fan leaves edges rolling under instead of being flat and the tips clawed down are key indicators of nitrogen toxicity

Madmax

Madmax

Ithat plant is but i dont see it in his .sure tips bent over cause its sick..i dont see dark shiny leaves. 5.0.1 npk + he only used 5 gs instead of reccomendation...thats just how i see it buddy..

K

kenmastazz

Its definitely not a n toxicity and claws can have different reasons.

Its definitely not ph fluctuations I checked my ph twice a day and I calibrated my Meter a week ago.

Its the first time I had this problem and my setup worked fine with various varieties. I know GSC can be a bitch but I’m pretty sure it was bad genetics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom