Strawberries raised bed help please

• Thread starter 2Bad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2Bad

2Bad

Hey everyone.. Interested in starting my first outdoor fruit/veggie garden w/ my mom.. I have no idea what i'm doing. I could use one person to just walk me through everything once just hold my hand lmao. Someone familiary with strawberries and maybe raised beds. I don't know what soil to use and if the dirt below the raised bed is compacted will the soil still be able to drain?

Maybe someone could recommend a fruits/veggies forum/site where I can learn from?

I appreciate the help

2Bad

2Bad

Strawberries do fine with heavy Clay. I use Soil with bale of Peat Moss in 4 X 8 Box. You might put some Lime in to.

Strawberries do better with few plants over thick growth.

oLd1
What is heavy clay and just plain peat moss? they dont need nutrients? and yes lime for sure at least I can understand ph out of everything lmaoo

oLd1

oLd1

Not saying plant them in Heavy Clay actually you want the best soil you can get. I do Raised Beds. Get soil in town, bail of Peat Moss and some Lime. Fertilizer or Manure.

Strawberries do fine anywhere long as they are thinned and weeded.

They will be there 3 or 4 years.

oLd1

Last edited:
2Bad

2Bad

Not saying plant them in Heavy Clay actually you want the best soil you can get. I do Raised Beds. Get soil in town, bail of Peat Moss and some Lime. Fertilizer or Manure.

Strawberries do fine anywhere long as they are thinned and weeded.

They will be there 3 or 4 years.

oLd1
Ok so if I do manure that’s all the nutrients it needs? I also heard don’t plant strawberries near tomato’s any experience there?

P

Petrochemical

Supporter
I have several large strawberry blueberry farms nearby I could send you a couple videos here to share with you that explain their process and what they've done for Success if you'd like

Top Bottom