Strawberry Diesel 2016 Grow Report

• Thread starter Matt8800
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Matt8800

Matt8800

I crossed a BX Sour Diesel with a Kyle Kushman Strawberry Cough and am doing a pheno hunt to find the one to take to the next generation. For people interested in breeding, I thought it would be interesting to document the process of choosing the females and male.
I popped 150 seeds and picked the healthiest, most vigorous 72 seedlings. I will start culling the runts here pretty soon.
Im growing with Mars Hydro 1600W LEDs and drain tables with 6" rockwool cubes. At harvest time after picking the best, I plan on having 32 of the best females and 1 male. Im using house and garden aqua flakes.
Strawberry diesel 2016 grow report

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

How can I not like that first post. I got a question.. Is your sour diesel bx sour? I mean as sour or more than the original sour diesel. Just curious really.

Matt8800

Matt8800

How can I not like that first post. I got a question.. Is your sour diesel bx sour? I mean as sour or more than the original sour diesel. Just curious really.

This BX Sour Diesel male that I used was definitely more sour than fuel. I ended up crossing a fuel-y sour D into our Sour D line because a lot of people really like the fuel. For this purpose though, I wanted more sour than fuel because I thought the fuel smell would not compliment the strawberry smell as well. These seeds are F2 from one specific female that I picked out of a bunch of F1s that would make a room smell like sour strawberries and had crystals on the fan leaves.
Also, the high from the females that can from the same bunch that I picked the male from would make your eyes cross.
It will be fun to pick the phenos from this run and think it would be interesting asking for your guys' input along the way as to what phenos you would prefer to grow.
The strawberry cough was a cut that a breeder friend of mine had that he wouldn't give out to anyone. I gave him pollen and he pollinated and gave me back the seeds. I saw pics and tried some samples. It smelled exactly like strawberries. The top colas were as big as his forearm.

B

Burned Haze

Interesting and hope for more pics and best of luck!

+ I've always wanted to try a 50+ seed test

B

bluesdad

Sounds killer!I liked the super sour strawberry diesel from Devils Harvest but your cross sounds like one I'd love to try. cheers , Bluesdad

Matt8800

Matt8800

Oh, I could be wrong. I was curious and read it on their website under their description and that's what they said but I don't know anything about the strain other than that.

B

bluesdad

Oh, I could be wrong. I was curious and read it on their website under their description and that's what they said but I don't know anything about the strain other than that.
No worries bud,the Kyle Kushman SC was the reason I got the SSD.sounds like you're cooking up some dank. I'm subbed up for this.I loves me some strawberry flavored bud.good luck bro

Top Bottom