Strawberry Gary grow journal Using Spider Farmer sf1000

• Thread starter Clase
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Clase

Growing strawberry gary from exotic genetix in my Spider farmer 2.5x2.5 grow tent. I am using the sf1000 for both veg and flower. I am in happy frog soil and I'm using geoflora organics for feeding. I just started adding power si bloom for the start of flower. This strain has been a bulldog and so easy to grow...no deficiencies what so ever. Since my tent is pretty small I only grow one plant at a time which I don't mind but I would like to run a couple of different strains at a time hopefully in the future if I can get a bigger light and tent. This is Gary 3 days into flower. I will update with pics every 3-4 days to show progress. I am hoping for big things out of power si bloom.

20220121 180511
C

Clase

This roughly 5 days into flower and I can notice the power si bloom really kicking in!! Bud sites are getting some really different color and they are taking off!

C

Clase

Today is week 2 of flower on strawberry gary from exotic. Little update...I pulled the sf1000 and put in a viperspectra xs1500. Reason I did is I wasn't getting the ppdf I needed unless I got the sf1000 real close. The xs1500 is giving me exactly what I needed for coverage. I applied power si bloom today and will be applying once a week until I'm ready to flush. I will update in another 3-4 days.

C

Clase

Day 11 of flower. I finally got some white hairs popping...I was getting scared for a bit as it's never taken me this long for hairs or bud sites to start to pop. But again first time growing this strain. Sorry if I got the camera a little to close. I was trying to get in close to see the hairs.

SSgrower

SSgrower

I am not familiar with Strawberry Gary, I'll look into it, maybe on Leafly? I had to replace my light in my 4x4 as the 2 Viparspectra "cobb" style lights were not giving me the yield I wanted. They were 450w reflector series LED's and I found a 450w Philzon FD 4500 "Bar" style light I am trying this run,Cheers SS Nice looking plant.

C

Clase

Day 41 of 🍓 gary...she's putting on size and I can see I slight tint of pink in the leaves...Hopefully when I drop temps the last couple of weeks it pops hard
20220304 184440

C

Clase

Looking good!! Stoked to see how she turns out. Trying to get my hands on a pack of the strawberry Gary myself
Thanks man...ya it's hard to find. I remember the day it was released I had to go on right away and buy it. I checked back later that night and it was already sold out. Seems to be the norm on a gary payton strain.

C

Clase

I am not familiar with Strawberry Gary, I'll look into it, maybe on Leafly? I had to replace my light in my 4x4 as the 2 Viparspectra "cobb" style lights were not giving me the yield I wanted. They were 450w reflector series LED's and I found a 450w Philzon FD 4500 "Bar" style light I am trying this run,Cheers SS Nice looking plant.
It's a newer strain... very potent and gassy smelling strain. This one is redpop/gary payton hybrid. It seems the gary payton strain and crosses are very sought after. This will be my first grow of it. I looked at the Philzon lights...they look nice. I just couldn't beat the price! I was using a sf1000 which was alright and got the job done. But I needed more for flower...the xs1500 gives me the extra juice in flower and was cheaper then the sf1000..lol. solid light for my tent size. When I get a bigger tent gonna grab a chilled or hlg as I have been eyeballing them for a while.

SSgrower

SSgrower

The xs1500 is a good light but as you said the HLG have a great light and Chilled also, I could not pass on the Philzon because of the price, HLG's are too pricy for my skill level just yet, Cheers,SS