Strawberrys hydroponic upright system suggestions?

• Thread starter onlychild
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

onlychild

I've always used a bucket system with hydro, and I'm looking to tap the vast knowledge here for something more creative where i can grow Strawberrys upright. Say as high as 8 feet while only using maybe 5 feet width? Any thoughts very appreciated.

peace
oc

E

ehole

verti-gro or hydrostacker i believe are kinda what you're looking at... my local place carries the hydrostackers and they look pretty neat. plus they're made semi-local to me in fla.

alpine dank

alpine dank

Try googling "Heath Robinson vertical grows". Prolly cost too much to just grow strawberries with the setups he runs but man are they impressive....83 plants, 46 oz. dried product, *16 sq ft*, single 600w bulb...don't know if "the king of vertical" is sufficient

B

Bobby Smith

You probably want something like this - mine's 7' diameter and 6' tall, but you could build one out of 3" PVC (mine's 4") and make it 5' diameter on the number (was actually the prototype I used the blueprints for to build mine).

Pretty simple, just cut some PVC and glue it together - almost no "real" construction skills involved - a third grader could do it.

EDIT: and if you really are growing strawberries (outside, I'd imagine?) than it'd be some pretty easy mods to just make it a straight wall of plant sites.

They pretty much have PVC fittings in every shape and size to make whatever structure you'd want - they're like Legos :)

10510 006
10510 007
F

fyrhazzrd

I hope you are doing this outside.. I was going to try and grow strawberries indoors this year, but everything I read said it was impossible. Apparently strawberries have to have large swings in temps in order to produce mature fruit. Or at least that is what I have been told, and I also read in in a couple different places on the error nets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom