Stressed Girl

• Thread starter SparcOne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SparcOne

SparcOne

Hi so a few things have changed this week for the worst, everything was looking great coming in to week 4 of flowering. All white vibrant pistils stacking weight nicely and full of shiny Trichomes
Stressed girl

SparcOne

SparcOne

Because it’s extra humid where I live I put a rotating fan on it in the evening to help with circulation and prevent bud rot. I may of had it on too hard as the next day I noticed a lot more brown/orange pistils appeared literally over night. So now I’m using a lot weaker fan so that hopefully is under control but the whole plant has started to stress ever since then. I have the odd caterpillar leaving dead spots which I’ve been removing immediately but that shouldn’t stress the whole plant. Today I noticed some black curling leaf tips on a few leaves and the flowers still seem to be maturing fast. Also the nice shiny Trichomes almost look more like specs of sand now.. growing in the tropics is tricky but shouldn’t be impossible I will post photos..

SparcOne

SparcOne

It’s very hot here right now so I watered an extra 2ltrs yesterday so it could be heat stress or over watered stress but all the leaves are open and standing up so don’t think it was over watered..

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looking at those pics I'm gonna lean very heavy towards bugs. If guessing spider mites and caterpillar's possibly something in the soil eating roots.

I'm gonna step out this treatment of bugs not my strong point. I would scope those leaves though.

Deke

Deke

Also, I didn't know this until recently, but you can wind burn plants. Sounds funny, it can happen. I'm guessing that is what happened to your pistols.

B

Burned Haze

You have mites ( even if it’s not mites, you need a IPM plan for your pest )

Get a 60x-100x min scope mobile microscope or usb . I recommend a usb 100-1000x+ ( amazon you can find tons of cheap/good priced brands ) I just don’t recommend those cheap Mobile hydro indoor store versions ( I have like 3-4 of them ) and all of them suck and all I do is just poke my eyes and waste time and never see shit. Don’t waste your cash and buy a good scope and be able to see what’s there ( get a good IPM going ) and then the scope is also essential for your harvest point so you know when you know when to harvest ( you check the trich heads on how old they are, you can’t see the aging with your eyes very easy, if not accurately , so if you want to know multiple lanes do it with a microscope I would suggest , easy!)

the pest checking IPM (integrated pest control) part with the scope key is to weekly/daily you can check multiple plants (the leafs for the bug/eggs) and even take pictures at multiple magnification so you can then look after you discard the leaf and find the proper species and get proper pesticides and know who is in your rooms or what your issues are.

Since you have mites ( not sure if you have harvested, but if you have same genetics or plants indoors, they are prolly infected too since you didn’t know those plants were infected , no offense )

Apply a rotational IPM of 3 days foliar ( I would apply this even when no pest found, if you read must manuals on organics they say it’s for prevent and once you get med-high scale populations = fucked , so it’s all about ipm )of good pest mangement or the mites will become resistant :

In this order and every 3 days
Azaguard - slows pest down, makes pest not reproduce as quickly
Pyganic 5.0 or look for their cheaper version that’s not organic labeled ( 1/w the price and same stuff, made by same company , it’s just labeling requiments ) Benefit = fast knockout = 150 of pest and so safe you can apply so many places and even on live stock and bed bugs
Venerate xc - super safe and won’t even hurt bees
Grandevo ( if you can all three pick grandevo )+botiguard 22wp or pfr97 and mix those three together with wetting agent , super safe also won’t hurt bees , the benefit of this is it will repel and kill over 200 soft bodied insects ( including all mites ) and you can use it till the end of harvest , like venerate , unlike a lot of pesticides

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LeHerber

Also, I didn't know this until recently, but you can wind burn plants. Sounds funny, it can happen. I'm guessing that is what happened to your pistols.
Yes, I’ve lived on a windy island and it use to beat up my buds bad to the point of “burn”, Kihei, windy place

L

LeHerber

But that looks like bugs, I was just commenting on the wind burn. Tough to tell without high res photos, but those lil dots look like mite bites

L

LeHerber

There really tough to see with the naked eye. Especially if you don’t have perfect 20/20

SparcOne

SparcOne

I definitely need a scope, unfortunately Amazon don’t deliver to where I live but I have someone bringing me one down from the states soon. Azaguard seems to be the only product I can purchase over the counter here. I sprayed an organic garlic based insecticide last week which seems to have killed most of the mites but the plant is not looking like bouncing back. She has basically stopped producing white pistils and is dropping fan leaves at a rapid rate. I’m leaning towards flushing it and hanging it to salvage something at least to smoke but wanted to ask if anyone has had plants bounce back after a mite infestation this far in to flower first. It’s only just entered week 5 so it’s at least 3 weeks away from normal harvest time.

9D9B979B 05CE 45BB 833F 6F9EAB131C21
67999722 9083 461E 9590 FED77A06366C

You have mites ( even if it’s not mites, you need a IPM plan for your pest )

Get a 60x-100x min scope mobile microscope or usb . I recommend a usb 100-1000x+ ( amazon you can find tons of cheap/good priced brands ) I just don’t recommend those cheap Mobile hydro indoor store versions ( I have like 3-4 of them ) and all of them suck and all I do is just poke my eyes and waste time and never see shit. Don’t waste your cash and buy a good scope and be able to see what’s there ( get a good IPM going ) and then the scope is also essential for your harvest point so you know when you know when to harvest ( you check the trich heads on how old they are, you can’t see the aging with your eyes very easy, if not accurately , so if you want to know multiple lanes do it with a microscope I would suggest , easy!)

the pest checking IPM (integrated pest control) part with the scope key is to weekly/daily you can check multiple plants (the leafs for the bug/eggs) and even take pictures at multiple magnification so you can then look after you discard the leaf and find the proper species and get proper pesticides and know who is in your rooms or what your issues are.

Since you have mites ( not sure if you have harvested, but if you have same genetics or plants indoors, they are prolly infected too since you didn’t know those plants were infected , no offense )

Apply a rotational IPM of 3 days foliar ( I would apply this even when no pest found, if you read must manuals on organics they say it’s for prevent and once you get med-high scale populations = fucked , so it’s all about ipm )of good pest mangement or the mites will become resistant :

In this order and every 3 days
Azaguard - slows pest down, makes pest not reproduce as quickly
Pyganic 5.0 or look for their cheaper version that’s not organic labeled ( 1/w the price and same stuff, made by same company , it’s just labeling requiments ) Benefit = fast knockout = 150 of pest and so safe you can apply so many places and even on live stock and bed bugs
Venerate xc - super safe and won’t even hurt bees
Grandevo ( if you can all three pick grandevo )+botiguard 22wp or pfr97 and mix those three together with wetting agent , super safe also won’t hurt bees , the benefit of this is it will repel and kill over 200 soft bodied insects ( including all mites ) and you can use it till the end of harvest , like venerate , unlike a lot of pesticides

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I definitely need a scope, unfortunately Amazon don’t deliver to where I live but I have someone bringing me one down from the states soon. Azaguard seems to be the only product I can purchase over the counter here. I sprayed an organic garlic based insecticide last week which seems to have killed most of the mites but the plant is not looking like bouncing back. She has basically stopped producing white pistils and is dropping fan leaves at a rapid rate. I’m leaning towards flushing it and hanging it to salvage something at least to smoke but wanted to ask if anyone has had plants bounce back after a mite infestation this far in to flower first. It’s only just entered week 5 so it’s at least 3 weeks away from normal harvest time.

View attachment 911635View attachment 911636
You can expect stunting i don't think there is a way to get around that.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I understand that I’m more wondering would you early harvest or let it go the full flower period?
no point harvesting early, if it was like a week IDK maybe but not 3-4 weeks there will be next to no THCA. Let her go and good luck.

Top Bottom