Stressed run, please help before herm!!!

• Thread starter Kushizle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kushizle

Kushizle

Hi there, I am currently in week 2 of flower after a grindingly slow 85 day veg. I'm growing in soil (promix vegetable and herb mix with 25% added drainage). Strain is Dark Rainbow (GMO x Rainbow belts) from Archive genetics and these things are looking rough. I can't tell if this is a nutrient excess, deficincy or over/under watering problem. They were top dress fed about a week ago with an organic 4-4-8 fertilizer + castings and are a really pale, off color of green now. I'm super worried they're going to herm this week if I don't figure this out. Anyone here have a good eye for spotting problems? I'm at a total loss, not sure what I am doing or did wrong. Any guesses might help, thanks!!!!!
Thumbnail img 3958
Thumbnail img 3957
Thumbnail img 3956
Thumbnail img 3955
Thumbnail img 3954
Thumbnail img 3962
Thumbnail img 3961
Thumbnail img 3964
Thumbnail img 3963
Thumbnail img 3968

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hi there, I am currently in week 2 of flower after a grindingly slow 85 day veg. I'm growing in soil (promix vegetable and herb mix with 25% added drainage). Strain is Dark Rainbow (GMO x Rainbow belts) from Archive genetics and these things are looking rough. I can't tell if this is a nutrient excess, deficincy or over/under watering problem. They were top dress fed about a week ago with an organic 4-4-8 fertilizer + castings and are a really pale, off color of green now. I'm super worried they're going to herm this week if I don't figure this out. Anyone here have a good eye for spotting problems? I'm at a total loss, not sure what I am doing or did wrong. Any guesses might help, thanks!!!!!
View attachment 1180735View attachment 1180736View attachment 1180737View attachment 1180738View attachment 1180739View attachment 1180740View attachment 1180741View attachment 1180743View attachment 1180744
Pot size?

Watering frequency and volume?

How do you determine when to water?

Temp?

Humidity?

Light make, model, intensity and distance?

Almost nutrients and additives used and in what order and amounts are you mixing them?

Equipment you are running for the tent?

Kushizle

Kushizle

7gal fabric, transplanted a month ago, 2.5 weeks before flip

Watering 1/2 - 3/4 of a gallon roughly every 3-5 days depending on the plant, no runoff

Lift the pot method

76-83F lights on, 68F lights off

70% RH, recently dropped it to 60%

LED-X 810w (fluence knockoff), running off a gavita EL-2 controller, 60-75% intensity depending on temp, no ppfd reading as I don't have a par reader, distance is always 24-26 inches above canopy, this distance is not ideal but works for my previous runs. https://www.shhgardensupply.com/product/led-x-grow-light/

No salt nutrients have been used, just transplant and water, I top dressed 'Promix Tomato Vegetable and Fruit 4-4-8' along with 1 cup of worm castings and 2 cups of fresh medium about 6 days ago. I feed very dilute amounts of humic acid and yucca extract every other watering to help with hydrophobia

I'm in a 5x5 tent with a 6 inch carbon filter running on a humidity controller set to 60% RH with passive ventilation through the flaps on the bottom

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hmmm happen to have a syringe around? If you can draw water from close to the bottom of the pot and check ph could help give some insight.

If you ask me it's most likely a watering issue and with the duration so far I'm wondering how compact the media is.

Maybe take a coat hanger and poke from top to bottom starting an inch or 2 away from the stalk.

With watering issues you can always run the risk of wiping out the microbes. They are aerobic an like plants roots need oxygen but also moisture, adequate ph and temps. Both over and under watering can cause issues with them.

Being organic without them or a reduced population you may not have a population produce adequate nutrients.

So when you lift the pots are they light?

Is the too of the soil dry?

You also stated no runoff so I have to ask are you absolutely sure when you water that then entire media is saturated?

Also some concern over if you have any hydrophobic areas if possibly under watering or uneven watering. You should water to saturate and get minimal runoff.

I would suggest a soil moisture meter and press the probes to the bottom.

I'm pretty confident the root cause is watering so nay be worth a read here.

And it may be worth some synthetic nutes if you are not opposed.

Back the light up to 30" until you see improvement. Can see signs of high light. I'm ot saying it's the cause but rather they are obviously a bit to stressed to handle it at the moment.

An addition like "fish shit" or other microbes will help inoculate the soil with beneficial microbes. Not saying g it's a necessity but rather a good option incase the population has been significantly damaged.

Kushizle

Kushizle

I don't own a pH meter anymore unfortunately. And thanks for the suggestions but I think I'm going to call it quits on this run. I'm going to drown them with water and hope for the best over the next week. Will keep you posted. I had a run a last year that looked exactly like this before they all hermed. The only one that did ok was the one I flushed. I still never figured out what I did wrong.

Also, my dumbass didn't take clones before flip either. Have you ever taken clones at day 16 of flower with any success? A better question: Do you think it is possible to take clones that have hermed and veg them back into stable plants?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I don't own a pH meter anymore unfortunately. And thanks for the suggestions but I think I'm going to call it quits on this run. I'm going to drown them with water and hope for the best over the next week. Will keep you posted. I had a run a last year that looked exactly like this before they all hermed. The only one that did ok was the one I flushed. I still never figured out what I did wrong.

Also, my dumbass didn't take clones before flip either. Have you ever taken clones at day 16 of flower with any success? A better question: Do you think it is possible to take clones that have hermed and veg them back into stable plants?
Absolutely have.

20201228 120120
20201228 120223
Madmax

Madmax

going b to grow some monsters your nxt run bro....^ i really like how these plants grow..

Top Bottom