Stretched Seedlings Help!

• Thread starter All4thebuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

All4thebuds

I'm not sure what to do. I left these in rapid rooters too long while waiting for my soil to arrive. Is there anything I can do? They are in solo cups but are extra stretched. Part of me wants to try and transplant them into their final pots now and bury them up to the leafs but I'm not sure what to do because the root system hasn't developed yet in the cups like it normally does when I transplant. Should I just leave them be?

Stretched seedlings help

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Get a liter apple juice bottle ,or 1/2 gallon milk jug a plant in them until roots grow how you want . also gives you height to bury stems just my cheapo 2 cents .

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
You can take a straw, slit it and wrap it around the stem, secure it in soil or by tying it to a stick in the soil. They will grow straight that way.

Ina

Ina

I would transplant them...in the same pot but bury them better this time:)It is easy if you are careful.Or if it is easier for you just secure the stems with rocks or something until they get bigger,after that they will grow normal,it is not a big problem.....

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

get a bread wrapper twist tie,put a loop around one end,stick it in soil were the plant stands straight up,get your light closer to the plants were they stop stretching and build roots,this is the same way i start them,my cheap led bulbs from home depot are about 8in from top of plants,when you get your soil bury them stems all the way to the baby leaves and your gold

Grimmstone

Grimmstone

You can take a straw, slit it and wrap it around the stem, secure it in soil or by tying it to a stick in the soil. They will grow straight that way.
I’ve had to do this a few times when I used to grow in hydro and sprouted in Rockwool cubes. The straw works well. But any of these ideas will work fine. Good luck and have fun.

Jbellsmoke

Jbellsmoke

Don' fill cup right up with soil. I leave cup half full and just add if seedlings get a little lanky.

Latest posts

Top Bottom