Stretching, yellow tips, curling tips on 1 of 6 plants

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Back at it again with 1 problem plant. Have 3 Bruce Banner Autos (front) and 3 Gelato Autos (Back) and I am running into the exact same issue as my first grow which ended in October. I'm on day 29 since seed (2 days since being in FoxFarm Soil). I have one plant in the Back middle (Gelato) that has some serious stretching compared to my other plants, yellow tips on tye leaves and leaves curling upwards. Tye irony is that in my last grow I had a "problem plant" that I called my mutant (all leaves had 3 blades and the leaves were super dark green BUT had the biggest densest buds). I'm at a loss as to why it's just one plant when all of them are getting tye same environment, watering, lighting etc. The ONLY correlation I have made between this grow and last grow is that my "mutant" was in tye exact same spot in tye tent (back middle).
Running Mars Hydro TSL2000. It's currently at around 35%, lights are about 23" above canopy, my current LUX reading is at 11000. Temps are at 74°, Humidity is and has always remained low no matter how much humidity I'm pumping in at around 40% and around 55% after watering.
I gave my first very light feeding 3 days ago of FoxFarm Grow Big, Big Bloom, 2 tablespoons of mollasses and 1 milliliters of plant enzyme for 3 gallons of 6.15PH. I'll be due for a watering tomorrow. Lastly 4 of the 6 plants are showing first white pistils which is exactly on tye same day I noticed on my last grow. Any ideas or reccomendations would be greatly appreciated. I am thinking it's light related cause my lux reading is at its highest right at that plant but I'm so new to this all that I prefer tye bad ass growers on here to try and help me out like you guys did in my last grow. Thanks in advance

Stretching  yellow tips curling tips on 1 of 6 plants
Stretching  yellow tips curling tips on 1 of 6 plants 2
Stretching  yellow tips curling tips on 1 of 6 plants 3
Stretching  yellow tips curling tips on 1 of 6 plants 4
Stretching  yellow tips curling tips on 1 of 6 plants 5
Stretching  yellow tips curling tips on 1 of 6 plants 6
Stretching  yellow tips curling tips on 1 of 6 plants 7
Stretching  yellow tips curling tips on 1 of 6 plants 8
AKgrow

AKgrow

That does look like it could be light burn, if nothing else is different I'd try raising the light a few inches to see if it improves. The rest look great.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Have you soaked the soil? Looks super dry. Although it is important to have a proper wet dry cycle growing in soil, I think you should water the whole pot starting from outside in. Looks like the soil may be a bit hot for those plants. Fox farm also has nutrients amended into the soil so wait to feed.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I was taught to water from the outside in amd watering every 3 days. I started nutes last time around week 3 at 1/⁴ of what's recommended. Just odd its one plant, same location as my problem plant in my first grow

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I was taught to water from the outside in amd watering every 3 days. I started nutes last time around week 3 at 1/⁴ of what's recommended. Just odd its one plant, same location as my problem plant in my first grow
New genetics? That may be why. Some genetics feed less some feed heavier. Strain dependent. Ever grow fem beans?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I noticed in the original post you say this, “I'm on day 29 since seed (2 days since being in FoxFarm Soil).”
So it’s been 4 days since you transplanted? And you fed them 1/4 strength yesterday? I’m trying to understand so I can try and help.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Oh sorry. I germinated on October 30 and planted into solo cups on November 1. And Transplanted into 3 gallon on 11/21. I may have my days wrong. My appologies

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
11/21 in fox farm ocean forest? Way too soon to feed those little guys. They’ll be running off the amended nutrients for atleast 3 weeks. You’ll need to water until runoff or you’ll experience lockout. This is all from my own experiences. I’d like to add that with autos you should be planting the seed directly into their forever home for better results. Happy grows.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Thanks for the good info. I had a feeling a messed up there with nutrients. I confused my days when comparing it to my last grow journal and was off by 2 weeks on everything I previously did. Whoops. I will do an only water flush. The rest of the plants look great today. I'm trying yo figure out the irony of 1 plant going wrong like last grow, dame issues, dame location in grow tent. Was wondering if light intensity was higher in that area maybe? Just a thought

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Thanks for the good info. I had a feeling a messed up there with nutrients. I confused my days when comparing it to my last grow journal and was off by 2 weeks on everything I previously did. Whoops. I will do an only water flush. The rest of the plants look great today. I'm trying yo figure out the irony of 1 plant going wrong like last grow, dame issues, dame location in grow tent. Was wondering if light intensity was higher in that area maybe? Just a thought
It may be higher in that area of the tent or not enough. It also just may be the strain. Are they all the same strain or different. I wouldn’t flush anything if I were you. Just water, don’t feed until your plants ask for more. Water until 10% runoff and don’t water again until the pot is almost or already dry and light. Maintain a good wet dry cycle and you’ll be good

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Ive got a grow journal here that was all ocean forest, a bunch of issues and still harvested dank. Search very cherry and you’ll find the journal. Happy grows.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Thanks again. My previous grow was grandaddy purp auto. These are 3 Bruce banner Autos (front) and 3 gelato autos (back). I will be the firat to admit (though this is only my second time growing), that I SUCK from week 1 to 4 I've noticed and it's always come down to watering issues. From now on I'm just gonna germinate and go straight into the dirt. Not messing with solo cups anymore I don't think. Overall everything is going well and smooth just that one plant which overall looks good, just want to catch any issues and resolve them as quickly as possible. I was not planning on growing 2 different strains either but my wife (who originally DID NOT want me growing for a while) has now insisted on a more saliva dominant so that's why I got the Bruce Banners. I'm an indica smoker for the most part due to major medical issues and chronic pain issues. Thanks again for all the help.

delps8

delps8

Back at it again with 1 problem plant. Have 3 Bruce Banner Autos (front) and 3 Gelato Autos (Back) and I am running into the exact same issue as my first grow which ended in October. I'm on day 29 since seed (2 days since being in FoxFarm Soil). I have one plant in the Back middle (Gelato) that has some serious stretching compared to my other plants, yellow tips on tye leaves and leaves curling upwards. Tye irony is that in my last grow I had a "problem plant" that I called my mutant (all leaves had 3 blades and the leaves were super dark green BUT had the biggest densest buds). I'm at a loss as to why it's just one plant when all of them are getting tye same environment, watering, lighting etc. The ONLY correlation I have made between this grow and last grow is that my "mutant" was in tye exact same spot in tye tent (back middle).
Running Mars Hydro TSL2000. It's currently at around 35%, lights are about 23" above canopy, my current LUX reading is at 11000. Temps are at 74°, Humidity is and has always remained low no matter how much humidity I'm pumping in at around 40% and around 55% after watering.
I gave my first very light feeding 3 days ago of FoxFarm Grow Big, Big Bloom, 2 tablespoons of mollasses and 1 milliliters of plant enzyme for 3 gallons of 6.15PH. I'll be due for a watering tomorrow. Lastly 4 of the 6 plants are showing first white pistils which is exactly on tye same day I noticed on my last grow. Any ideas or reccomendations would be greatly appreciated. I am thinking it's light related cause my lux reading is at its highest right at that plant but I'm so new to this all that I prefer tye bad ass growers on here to try and help me out like you guys did in my last grow. Thanks in advance
"The ONLY correlation I have made between this grow and last grow is that my "mutant" was in tye exact same spot in tye tent (back middle)."

That statement caught my eye - I’ve had the same issue with two auto grows in a row. One was Gorilla Glue, the current one Gelato. In both cases, the plants behaved very differently as soon as they hit flower. In the Gelato grow, one plant is 36”, the other two are (were) 12”. For the GG grow, I referred to the plants as “Twins” as in de Vito vs Schwarzenegger. It was hard to believe that the plants the same strain from the same envelope but I couldn’t figure out any reason why the plants would be so vastly different.

In the attachment, the area that’s circled is (was) one plant, to the left is a second plant, and the “invasive species” on the right is a third plant that extends from the far right to the left side of the res. Very strange and no reason to believe that it’s either a seed from another strain or just “genetics”.

Res Closeup

Over to your issue - it’s not light. Go to the Mars site, find the page for your light, and click on the fifth image in the scrollable display of images so that you open the “Brightness Adjustable” image.

For seedlings (which you’re not), Mars recommends 50% power at 18”. Move to veg and it’s 75% at 18”. If you’re at 35% and 23”, your light is too high and the power level is too low. Take a look at some of the PPFD readings on ppfdcharts dot com and note how PPFD levels drop as distance from the light increases. Factor in that you’re using 35% instead of 50% and your not getting the most out of that light.

While you’re there, click on thumbnail $3, “TSL 2000 Full Spectrum”. Your light is a blue heavy light which means that it will tend to create plants that are compact. A light that has less blue and more red (“red heavy”) will tend to produce taller plants. When plants aren’t receiving enough light, they will tend to stretch. Though you’re only showing the Gelato in front view, it wouldn’t surprise me if the other plants had long internodal space, as well.

Also, a lot of people are using lux meters to try to measure light intensity. Unless you’re using a conversion scale from the manufacturer of your light, the results that you’re getting are significantly different from what your light is putting out. LUX measures the spectrum that humans see, plants use a different spectrum. Grab a copy of Photone - it is reasonably accurate.
Horti LED PAR wavelength range

If I were in your shoes, I’d drop the light to the manufacturers recommended settings and push light levels. LED’s are not like filament lights - they don’t put out a lot of IR, which is the part of the spectrum that can cause damage to plants because it heats them up. Cannabis will absorb a huge amount of light. Without CO2, cannabis can take advantage of up to 900 PPFD - the max that your light can emit at 18” is 909 PPFD so you’re well within safety margins.

In the photo that I’ve attached, the PPFD readings in the center back and center center locations are 1397 and 1283 PPFD, respectively, and the only problem that I'm seeing is that they’re growing into the light.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

WOW!!! Thank you for such great info. I wondered tye same about these two last grows and 1 plant that is acting much different then the rest. I originally was using Mars Hydros reccomendations then I was told my lights were too bright. I've put them in the same "sweet spot I found last grow at tgis time and take tye advice on turning up the percentage on the lights. I don't see any of the plants showing any light burn or any yellow tips for that matter

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

UPDATE: Found my sweet spot at about 22" and at 75% on my Mars Hydro TSL2000. My plant that has/ had the yellow tips is doing well and none of the new growth is showing this. Compared to my previous growth (Grandaddy Purp Auto), all my plants seem a little smaller, bit I'm thinking/hoping it may be genetics.

20211203 160700
20211203 161415
D

Dugplug

Too much nitrogen leaf tips are burnt

Moshmen

Moshmen

Too much nitrogen leaf tips are burnt
Dude quit answering 6 month old questions - those plants have been harvested I appreciate the help but ur answering a lot of useless threads ! Feel free to read all ya want - but be relevant or be …….

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

On that note because I'm still learning my way around this site, can I delete a whole thread once I have resolved an issue or is it best to leave it up?

Moshmen

Moshmen

On that note because I'm still learning my way around this site, can I delete a whole thread once I have resolved an issue or is it best to leave it up?
I think leaving up is fine specially if there is great info included and I’m not opposed to adding to one just Duggy up there seems to have a answer fir everything just trying to slow the roll

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Ok thanks. Trying to learn proper etiquette and keep things on same thread. Being new to all this has had some serious growing pains but I get some great feedback here.

Top Bottom