Stripped all the leaves off my plants

• Thread starter BrandedForLife
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Krinkle

Mr. Krinkle

I'd say the only time it's not a good idea to heavily defoliate is when your plants aren't growing at an optimum level - if everything is on point, they keep on rockin with less larf and take off whatever you feel comfortable with

i prefer a more moderate (but somewhat heavy in some ppl's eyes) defoliation with most of it done in weeks 3 and 4....and then some random leaves taken off here and there throughout flower, until about a week left to chop, where i then take all of the fan leaves off, which makes it a lot quicker when i harvest and i dont have to take off as many fans while im chopping and hanging - cuts that time in half if didn't take them off a week before

but yea - heavily debated for years and it's really up to you and what you think works best for your grow

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

Science is exactly what 916Fisherman is asking you to provided. It proves a theory, which is what you have. A theory, a theory without scientific data is just a theory.
You expect me to do your homework? Only time I’ll do it

mancorn

mancorn

Science is exactly what 916Fisherman is asking you to provided. It proves a theory, which is what you have. A theory, a theory without scientific data is just a theory.
I think it's actually a hypothesis. (Scientific theory is as close to facts as you get.) 😁

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Where’s the lab results that say this grows more potent plants? Please provide a link, I would love to read up on it

I wish I had mine to prove otherwise but the dispensary got raided and everyone arrested so i never went back. They kept a binder with everyone's lab results.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Last time @MIMedGrower i thought you had an understanding as to what I’m doing. I’m only coming to realize that no matter how much I explain it to you, you won’t understand. It has nothing to do with air flow or overlapping leaves. Iy really simple. When you remove the leaves in budding it makes the buds get bigger and more potent. It to allow light to get to the lower bud sites so that they grow in size and potency. It’s the stress on the plant and the light that I’m doing it for...

No that's the bro science. I already proved otherwise a few years ago. i can show plants that show leaves dont block bud production all day.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

There is one thing we need to get a handle on here. There is a difference between defoliate and mutilate. Done here.
Since we're getting all scientific (yay!), can we agree on terminology?

its neither. its proven science that the trichomes are there to protect the plant from damage from too much light. Do yourself a favor... google what trichome are and their purpose. Its neither a hypothesis nor a theory. its a fact

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

There is one thing we need to get a handle on here. There is a difference between defoliate and mutilate. Done here.
thank you for your non informative comments and thank the world you are done here. you made my weekend!

FourthCity

FourthCity

its neither. its proven science that the trichomes are there to protect the plant from damage from too much light. Do yourself a favor... google what trichome are and their purpose. Its neither a hypothesis nor a theory. its a fact
Studies show they defend against predators and temperature swings as well as uv light. There is not enough empirical data regarding trichome production in marijuana for the scientific community to call the conclusions of these studies fact, that is why research on this topic is ongoing.

mancorn

mancorn

Not that it matters in context to the OP (but this thread has been off the rails for awhile, so WTF) - but, no this isn't a fact. A fact is an observation that has been repeatedly confirmed and generally accepted as “true" (at least as close to truth as one can get in science). No one can say as a "fact" what Trichomes are for. You can't readily observe why they're on the plant . Trichomes can also help insulate the plant from freezing, protecting the plant from wind and heat by reducing evaporation, and protect plants from herbivorous insects. There's just way to many variables explaining why trichomes might be advantageous to plants, to suggest one explanation is a fact.

BrandedForLife

BrandedForLife

Studies show they defend against predators and temperature swings as well as uv light. There is not enough empirical data regarding trichome production in marijuana for the scientific community to call the conclusions of these studies fact, that is why research on this topic is ongoing.
im pretty sure the scientific community has confirmed trichome functions on a marijuana plant, and they do all that you listed and possibly more we are unaware of yet.

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

But a YouTube video and some yahoo selling a book said its true so it must be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom