Strong sedative effect

• Thread starter Graywolf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Graywolf

Graywolf

In extracting meds for a cancer patient, I just discovered something that looks extremely interesting for those of ya’ll looking for some good sleep meds.

A cancer patient requested that I extract her meds using ethanol, so I extracted 16 grams of the oil from approximately 121 grams of frozen prime bud using chilled 190 proof Clear Springs and a 3 minute quick wash, followed by distilling off the alcohol.

Microscopic examination of the plant material revealed significant resin remaining, so after drying the material, I ran a butane extraction on it, instead of another ethanol quick wash, to see what the differences were and yielded 11.5 grams of BHO.

The bud was about four different strains and the first extraction upon testing proved to have reasonably heavy analgesic and sedative effect suggesting CBD and CBN, with a speedy mind accompaniment suggesting high THC. Not a good night time med.

The second extraction using butane was even more heavily couch locking, but without the racing mind. It also produced excellent pain relief.

So far only two test panel members have sampled these meds and both rated it heavily sedating.

On the other hand, I got the following e-mail this morning from the patient regarding the Previously Run material oil extraction.

“I found our PR run sedative but not too much. Slept well awoke feeling rested but not groggy. Great meds, thanks!”

I will be investigating this further, and if you are looking for sedative properties, you might want to try it yourself.

GW

C

CAPO

So your saying that the second run via butane was the more sedating one? Is the cancer patient wanting CBD or just medicine for nausea and pain?
Do you guys have companies that can test samples to determine cannabanoid presence near you?
If I were battling cancer, I would want all the cannabanoids.

Graywolf

Graywolf

So your saying that the second run via butane was the more sedating one? Is the cancer patient wanting CBD or just medicine for nausea and pain?
Do you guys have companies that can test samples to determine cannabanoid presence near you?
If I were battling cancer, I would want all the cannabanoids.

The cancer patient is looking for the full spectrum of cannabinoids, in an attempt at a gram a day Rick Simpson cure, after being given another years prognosis.

She wants something that she can still operate on during the day and another med that doesn't interfere with her sleep.

Sadly no, we're still working on getting a mass spectrometer.

GW

P

phillygrower

awesome GW, your posts have been really helpful and amazingly informative. I love edibles and you really seem to be doing the research tat is needed...keep it up!

K

krustycrunch

just wondering what makes you sure it was the fact that it was the second wash and not your choice of solvent?

Graywolf

Graywolf

just wondering what makes you sure it was the fact that it was the second wash and not your choice of solvent?

Good point!

That does still seem to be true however, even after doing variations using the same solvent, as well as after dry kiefing 10% first.

K

krustycrunch

Did you try using butane, then ethanol second? Hate to pester, just curious

Top Bottom