Log In Register
  • Thread starter Thread starter GreenKiwi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Struggling plant: chop or wait?

GreenKiwi 0 Replies 444 Views
Page 1 of 1 · Replies 1–1 of 1
1
G

GreenKiwi

Posts
1
Joined
Dec 18, 2024
Points
1
Hi!
First post here, the classic beginner topic: harvest or wait?

I planted my Zamnesia Sunset Sherbet Auto seed (8-9 week seed to harvest according to the marketing) on 10th October (so 10 weeks ago). To be fully honest, I have done pretty much every mistake in the book (and to be specific, especially very high pH tap water, tiny pot, soil with poor drainage...), and the ladies have taken it like champs until a couple of weeks ago. They started to show serious signs of nutrients deficiencies (fast yellowing from the bottom up), which finally pushed me to do some proper reading.

Now, the problem is that I am pretty sure I damaged the roots beyond repair, especially at this very late stage. The buds look quite good to me, but the trichromes are still clear. My concern is that the sugar leaves have been drying out for the past few day, I fear that leaving it on the tree will do more harm than good (for instance, could they start to rot?).
To add insult to injury, I will leave for Christmas for a week in a couple of days and, while a kind roomate has accepted to water them, I don't want to ask him more
Struggling plant chop or wait 4
Struggling plant chop or wait 3
Struggling plant chop or wait 2

Struggling plant chop or wait

Further details if needed: I feel like the rate at which they absorb water from the soil is quite slow now (3-4 days between watering). There are some tiny buds at the bottom that still have some nice green leaves, but it is basically the last area of healthy looking growth. The stalks turned completely red. I started late using Biobizz Bloom nutrients (about 1.5mL/L twice a week) and CalMag, although I slowed down on the plant shown in the picture. I grow under LED panels (80W) that I leave on about 16-17 hours per day. The fans leaves are yellowing and falling off from the bottom up at a rate of roughly 2-3 leaves per day. The dried up tips of the sugar leaves crumble if I touch then.

I learnt a lot, and look forward to doing things properly for my next grow attempt, but I still hope to get some harvest from them...
So, in your experienced opinions: should I chop now, or should I wait and see until next week?
Any opinion would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much!
 

Attachments

  • struggling-plant-chop-or-wait-5.jpg
    struggling-plant-chop-or-wait-5.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 9
Page 1 of 1 · Replies 1–1 of 1
1
Back
Top Bottom