Struggling With Seeds/slow

• Thread starter Lespaul335
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lespaul335

Lespaul335

I had some seeds i planted a month ago, 1 is still alive but small and not the best looking.. About 1.5 months old and its the size of a tennis ball.seems to still be alive and kicking though. I need some advice for the next seeds i plant. I can't afford to lose 90% of the ones i have left. Could someone give advice?
I can adjust temparature(been at 20-25 C)/ph in water(been at 6.2-6.5)/ but i can't control the humidity(tried cans for extra humidity but it didnt change much. When do i start with veg/minerals? When is it best to transplant, any extra tips for that - i lost 2 cause the soil was to loose so i pack it a little now. And i think i transplanted way early from the cup they started in - i did it as soon as i saw the root come out of the bortom.. help appreciated i just planted 2 more seed today!

Nugg

Nugg

Help or not,this is what I do...I put tap water in a glass.put in seeds,as many as I need.1-3 days they split open,I use rockwool.1×squares,use a nail to put a hole all the way through,then I insert seed sprout down just below surface...then I spray with water few times day as needed, until roots sprouts out bottom,then mist from the tanks take over..ya I'm dwc,but seeds start the same,keep lights backed off for first week.. 30 days is about time to switch to flower.

Madbud

Madbud

Good fluffy seed/rooting soil, one seed on top, then water and a dark closet for three days works best for me. Good luck.

E

Ezt117

Help or not,this is what I do...I put tap water in a glass.put in seeds,as many as I need.1-3 days they split open,I use rockwool.1×squares,use a nail to put a hole all the way through,then I insert seed sprout down just below surface...then I spray with water few times day as needed, until roots sprouts out bottom,then mist from the tanks take over..ya I'm dwc,but seeds start the same,keep lights backed off for first week.. 30 days is about time to switch to flower.

Do you put your seeds into a 2nd hole? And how long does it usually take till the roots are through the bottom.

Kali202

Kali202

100% success rate popin beans using jiffy humidity tray/dome kit with a heating pad.

Soak rockwool in pH corrected tap water for 4 hours to 24 hours. Put the bean in the center just below the surface.

Spray tray and dome with pH correct water
Put the rockwool with the bean in the dome. Lay the kit over a heating pad and cover with a towel. I keep mines under the bed.. so I can periodically check.

Three to four days the bean pop and ready for DWC. Good Luck!

Nugg

Nugg

Do you put your seeds into a 2nd hole? And how long does it usually take till the roots are through the bottom.
Second hole? No,just the one..I have a faster main root? Vs.just placing in the rockwool.about 3-4 days.

Monster762

Monster762

Jiffy pellets work good easy to access n cheap. I personally think my little humidity dome n heat mat combo was probably best $50 spent so far. I got a combo called super sprouter on amazon. It’s dome t5 and mat for around $50. Can’t start a jungle but I can fit like 6 trays of 6 root riots in there or as right now have 8 clones in there. The heat mat humidity combo is what makes it work good.the light just for after they pop or clones. And you can let em root a little in there.

D

DrDankPHD

I had some seeds i planted a month ago, 1 is still alive but small and not the best looking.. About 1.5 months old and its the size of a tennis ball.seems to still be alive and kicking though. I need some advice for the next seeds i plant. I can't afford to lose 90% of the ones i have left. Could someone give advice?
I can adjust temparature(been at 20-25 C)/ph in water(been at 6.2-6.5)/ but i can't control the humidity(tried cans for extra humidity but it didnt change much. When do i start with veg/minerals? When is it best to transplant, any extra tips for that - i lost 2 cause the soil was to loose so i pack it a little now. And i think i transplanted way early from the cup they started in - i did it as soon as i saw the root come out of the bortom.. help appreciated i just planted 2 more seed today!

Use rock wool starter cubes. I always use a little humic acid help pop seeds.

When the tap roots has size of your pinky finger nail.

When the rock wools cube has roots popping fron the bottom you can transplant. I do light nutes after they sprout like 6 days after. Around 150 to 200 ppm ppm scale .7. Use use low nutes and lights. Babies are fragile. T5 works.

Top Bottom