Struggling with UC Pre-veg, help appreciated

• Thread starter UCswimmin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tipper619sd

i really like your nft set up i was thinking of doing something similar and making a bigger nft system. I was wondering are you gonna flower in the system or swap to UC when they are big enough. Love the pics also . I just got done wih my 1st round and now on my 2 round learning along the way. This system is great! Do you mind me asking what medium is in the bigger plants.?

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

This is just my veg setup, I will move them into the UC for flower. I use hydroton in all my basjets.

U

UCswimmin

A little update, I put in a cyclstat timer on my aerocloner, had to leave on a vacation and came back to find the timer needed it's reset button pushed. The damn thing was off for 5 days.

I wish things could just go perfectly. Slim chance of that, I guess.

Sooo, Gonna use rockwool and take some clones. Screw the aerocloner.

I'll post again when that's all workin'.

Thanks for hanging around and explaining how you guys do things, I appreciate it.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Let your RW sit in Ph water for a few hours. Cut clones straight across,not on an angle, takes longer to callus over and grow roots. Little bit of root gel or powder, more is not better and can slow growth. Little to no light the first 2 days and humidity dome is a must, keeps the leaves from drying out. Middle of the plant where it is a little bit woody takes longer to root but will grow faster. Top roots faster but does not grow faster. Never give up one day it will come together and you will soon forget the crashes. Sell the cloner, cut just below the node so you can bury it in the cube. Let use know how it goes.

Sorry if you know all that ^^^^^^at the shop people do cut at an angel all the time when I ask them,

Peace

I love it when I get it right

IMGP4222
IMGP4223

U

UCswimmin

Please by all means pour out any info you like, if I happen to know it, it would only reinforce my knowledge. I thank you and anyone taking the time to help me. There's quite a few people dependent on me, and I would hate to keep letting them down. Not sure if I'll get the chance to make it up to some.

I am going to get some rockwool in the morning and give it a go. And will be sure to keep some updates.

Here's a fresh update, it's yet another crash of sorts! What is with my luck? RATS got into my room, the ceiling is just panda plastic, so no real struggle for them. They decided to much down on base stems of the plants I had put into soil containers! These were the plants I had taken the 40-ish clones from, and put in the aerocloner. Out of 16 plants there's 6 left, along with 2 plants found laying on the ground, which I put in water to then be cloned. So, these 6 plants and the Rat cuttings will be my clone stock for the rockwool.

I had been trying to get these rats too! I bought a fancy 50 dollar rat zapper. They go in, and get zapped. You bait it with peanut butter. Well this rat must be huge or something because the 4 C batteries this rat zapper requires apparently didn't have the charge needed to kill the fucker. There were just rat turds in the rat zapper, and no peanut butter left. So he gets baked on some lemon haze cuttings, then goes and grubs down on peanut butter. Nice life mr. rat. Hope you are enjoying yourself!

Standard rat traps are now placed. Now I wait.

edit: also some rat decided to munch down the entire 4 foot seed plant that volunteered to spring up in the greenhouse. It had a very unique leaf and I was excited to try it out! fuck you rat!

Camnibus

Camnibus

I'm not switching from root riots, but I'd never heard a straight cut was better. I have a batch from 2 days ago, they take 4 to root. We'll see if it catches up, just for giggles.

Mix a little rat poisen with the peanut butter, double your odds. You'll find it by smell, lol.

U

UCswimmin

Good ole' standard rat traps, why did I ever stray?

5 rats dead so far, something went right. :) Let's see if I can keep the ball rolling.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Direct research from the Botanist at Canna. I changed my ways and am much happier, change is hard to do when you have formed a habit, I don't toss stuff out there without being able to back it up with research or doing it myself, check out some of my other posts and you will see what I mean. Like any information it should be check, please do and tested as you have said. I don't want to hi-jack this thread but if you want to know more start a new thread and we can have a lively discussion on it. A big gasp from the crowd, but we always cut on an angle.....LOL do what works for you and makes you happy, but remember making a few good small changes can lead to better yields and after all that's what we all want.

T

tipper619sd

Direct research from the Botanist at Canna. I changed my ways and am much happier, change is hard to do when you have formed a habit, I don't toss stuff out there without being able to back it up with research or doing it myself, check out some of my other posts and you will see what I mean. Like any information it should be check, please do and tested as you have said. I don't want to hi-jack this thread but if you want to know more start a new thread and we can have a lively discussion on it. A big gasp from the crowd, but we always cut on an angle.....LOL do what works for you and makes you happy, but remember making a few good small changes can lead to better yields and after all that's what we all want.
PREACH BROTHA !

Top Bottom