Stuck membrane solved now seedling bending

• Thread starter azbassist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

azbassist

Germinated my Afghan auto for 1 day and it broke ground 3 days later. I'm a newer grower but that was really quick from my limited experience. The shell popped off but the membrane was stuck around it. I put 2 drops of water on it and it started to bend over from the weight. I quickly, very lightly, touched it with a paper towel to get the water off. Pulled the membrane very, very gently off and it didn't appear to damage anything. But, because of the drops of water, she is bent. I'm hoping she will straighten right back up but wondering if there is anything I can do to help her out like mound up some more dirt maybe? She has about 4 more hours of light tonight so I'm hoping she will reach a little bit. Any advice?

Stuck membrane solved now seedling bending
Stuck membrane solved now seedling bending 2
Stuck membrane solved now seedling bending 3
Stuck membrane solved now seedling bending 4

BB22

BB22

Germinated my Afghan auto for 1 day and it broke ground 3 days later. I'm a newer grower but that was really quick from my limited experience. The shell popped off but the membrane was stuck around it. I put 2 drops of water on it and it started to bend over from the weight. I quickly, very lightly, touched it with a paper towel to get the water off. Pulled the membrane very, very gently off and it didn't appear to damage anything. But, because of the drops of water, she is bent. I'm hoping she will straighten right back up but wondering if there is anything I can do to help her out like mound up some more dirt maybe? She has about 4 more hours of light tonight so I'm hoping she will reach a little bit. Any advice?

View attachment 2138088View attachment 2138089View attachment 2138090View attachment 2138091

I find it easier to water correctly in smaller containers.

Up pot as the plant matures

Saturate the whole medium. Let it dry.

Repeat as needed✌️🤓

A

azbassist

I find it easier to water correctly in smaller containers.

Up pot as the plant matures

Saturate the whole medium. Let it dry.

Repeat as needed✌️🤓
I did that with my first 2 photo grows. Been reading 'articles' for 'reputable' sources that say always start auto's in their final pot. But, I'm finding experienced growers are about 50/50 on the topic. These are my first auto's. Another thing, all the articles say don't top your auto but I watched 4 time lapse videos with autos and each one was topped lol. I guess they are trying to keep things really simple for us noobs lol. I've got 2 more beans so next grow I may do one up-potting and one without. I'm learning experience counts more like most aspects of life. I appreciate the advice for sure.

BB22

BB22

That whole grow in the final pot thing is a bunch of bullshit. It got me too

Learn how to transplant its not that hard 🤓🤣

I don’t know why that isn’t more “out there”

I’m a new grower too 🤓✌️
I did that with my first 2 photo grows. Been reading 'articles' for 'reputable' sources that say always start auto's in their final pot. But, I'm finding experienced growers are about 50/50 on the topic. These are my first auto's. Another thing, all the articles say don't top your auto but I watched 4 time lapse videos with autos and each one was topped lol. I guess they are trying to keep things really simple for us noobs lol. I've got 2 more beans so next grow I may do one up-potting and one without. I'm learning experience counts more like most aspects of life. I appreciate the advice for sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom