Student needs help from Farmers!!!

• Thread starter d luv
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
d luv

d luv

Hi fellows I recently joined here to soak up as much knowledge as possible from all of you. I am a complete beginner when it comes to growing. I am looking to start my first grow, 2-4 plants in an extra closet at home. My question to all of you is what you would recommend I buy as far as a setup goes? I would greatly appreciate ideas on how you would spend $500 for a 2-4 plant setup {with potential for a few more plants in the future}. Also how would you spend $1000 on a little bit bigger setup and how many plants would it be able to grow? I will probably just end up buying what one of you recommend, as I know a lot of you are great farmers {as I have browsed some of the grow journals on here and have been extremely impressed}. I know this sounds stupid but I don’t know where else to start. I am in great need of your expertise and ideas. Please help a total newbie in this crucial time of needle. I look forward to being a student in this forum and learning as much knowledge from all of you as possible. Thank you for taking the time to read my post, and hopefully respond.

sky high

sky high

I remember being a noob. It was BEFORE the Internet and info was incredibly scarce...basically limited to friends or Ed and Mel's grow books....

Focus your purchasing $$$ on lighting and ventilation. Go HID...screw messing around with CFL/etc. you'll just waste a buncha cash figuring out that you need an HID to get the yields you desire. Figure 50 watts of light per sq ft for bloom. (1000 watt light will cover 20 sq ft)

soil will be a cheaper way to start out and will give you some decent experience.

Pre-built systems come at a premium. You can build your own for far less if you understand the concepts at hand. Search for plans on the net...they are out there...

s h

sun

sun

for a 1000$ budget ,get a 1000watt hps(balast & hood) with an enhansed spectrum bulb. get an 8 inch vortex fan.if $ still alows get an ac......also youll need 8 inch duckting for the fan

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
i would recommend doing some soil its a bit easier for a beginner you could be cool if you by even a six hundred maybe a digital ballast just not a lumatek if you can on nutes you can by some general hydroponics there not 2 expensive my opinion

P

purpleblockhead

first thing you need 2 buy is THE BIBLE!! its jorge cervantes marijuana horticulture medical bible ITS A MUST FOR NEWBES!!! ive been growing sence 94 and still use it, if your growing in a small space with only 4 plants a 1000 will probley be 2 big, if you measure your space and post how big your area is i can go into detail 4 you, also i dont like soil at all, in my option coco is easier and has better results than soil and hydro, you can start a small grow for 500, air circulation ph and light is important DONT USE CFL's

G

GroHi

Primary items:
- solid HID (600 or 1k)
- solid reflector/hood/cooltube, depending on set-up
- solid vent fan (go 8" maxfan & dial down w speed control)
- thick vent tubing (not the HF/SS crap but like thermoflo- won't rip/tear)
- 3 to 5gal pots
- medium (recommend coco coir as can simply drain-to-waste... very, very easy... easier than soil)
- TDS/EC meter
- RO Filter
- pH strips (get the nitrazine strips if you can find them as better resolution/sensitivity vs litmus and/or wide range drops) &&& don't worry about a meter unless you are willing to spend 700-1000 for a lab-grade version as the drops & paper is actually more sensitive vs the lesser grade meters (the truth) only issue is with color interpretation...
- all the minor crap to put all this together which will be another 100-200 buck

Going small/simple, still will spend that 1g in a heart beat. Peace brother & greenest of vibes!

Top Bottom