Stunned growth/New growth lime green

• Thread starter goodbye95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
goodbye95

goodbye95

No it is not. Biobizz Lightmix is just a blend of peat, peatmoss and perlite, and some pH corrector. It will never take you throughout of veg and it is designed to be used with their nute lines. Now I'm not saying you HAVE TO buy those, but you need to use something from which you know can work with this substrate.
The EC of this is largely due to the amount of nitrogen, there's very little P & K in it, and some other stuff may also lacking. That in itself is problematic because Cannabis needs also quite some Potassium to hold water, I mean you can see how some of your leaftips are dry from the outside.

Could you also tell me what you've been using to pH down and if you are firm on the equipment. It's just one error on one step somewhere and then this single culprit can take the whole grow down.

You can use BB Lightmix in a mineralic setup and thus treat is like soilless. You need EC & pH meter for this and a 2 bottled liquid nutes plus Calmag.
You could also buy just Bio Grow and Bloom from Biobizz, plus Calmag.
Or you go the way to implement dry fertilizer into the Lightmix and you could either use Osmocote for a mineralic setup or some manure + some lime. All these approaches are prone to error, and you always gotta measure each step analytically to know with what you're working with.
these are the instruments. supplements and ph tuners i use. i use the biobizz ph up and down to adjust the ph. currently the soil is only biobizz lightmix straight out of the bag.

IMG 20230325 233835
IMG 20230325 233747
IMG 20230325 233728
IMG 20230325 233721
N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Ok do you have a water analysis? The BB Calmag contains 35mg/l Ca and 12mg/l Mg.
And their feeding schedule which tells you how much of these bottles are applied with each subsequent watering? Once you start feeding you may not need to pH much as the fertilizer is acidic and contains alot of NH4+.

Read this please
it tells you something about pH in and what the microbial life does for it

goodbye95

goodbye95

Ok do you have a water analysis? The BB Calmag contains 35mg/l Ca and 12mg/l Mg.
And their feeding schedule which tells you how much of these bottles are applied with each subsequent watering? Once you start feeding you may not need to pH much as the fertilizer is acidic and contains alot of NH4+.

Read this please
it tells you something about pH in and what the microbial life does for it
when is time to water again i will post my nutrient plan ( before i water ofc since i want to hear opinions )

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
when is time to water again i will post my nutrient plan ( before i water ofc since i want to hear opinions )
Check potweight, it should be rather light. Usually you give about 30% of potsize in water, given you filled up your pots decently. So for 1l pots add approx. 300ml of water at the right time. It's important to figure this out, after some time you'll get a feeling for this and it will be an easy daily routine. You can water in 3 steps, with an intermediate time of a few minutes in between, then stop at first sign of drain on the 3rd attempt.

If the individual plants drink differently the you should check the pots multiple times a day to get the right point for when they need water. If you water too oftentimes too soon this can create deficiencies and a number of root problems. Later, when plants are bigger it's not so dramatic to keep moisture levels at an somewhat higher levels.

goodbye95

goodbye95

Check potweight, it should be rather light. Usually you give about 30% of potsize in water, given you filled up your pots decently. So for 1l pots add approx. 300ml of water at the right time. It's important to figure this out, after some time you'll get a feeling for this and it will be an easy daily routine. You can water in 3 steps, with an intermediate time of a few minutes in between, then stop at first sign of drain on the 3rd attempt.

If the individual plants drink differently the you should check the pots multiple times a day to get the right point for when they need water. If you water too oftentimes too soon this can create deficiencies and a number of root problems. Later, when plants are bigger it's not so dramatic to keep moisture levels at an somewhat higher levels.
thank you! i have a problem identifying when its time to water so i wait till the plants start drop just a little . is this wrong?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I doubt it since the same problems occur in the last 5 crops. The heating matt has been added only in the last crop which is the current one.If @GNick55 remembers i have been uploading posts from every crop till now for the past 1-2 years. Ive put to the trash like 50 plants till now since they have not been able to make it past the seedling stage. This is the furthest i have been !!!!!
thank you! i have a problem identifying when its time to water so i wait till the plants start drop just a little . is this wrong?
well it’s ok, but get used to lifting the pot for weight.. unless the plant is so weak droopy looking you’ll be fine and we’re here to guide you.. if you water them a day or 2 earlier than needed you’ll cause problems..

goodbye95

goodbye95

well it’s ok, but get used to lifting the pot for weight.. unless the plant is so weak droopy looking you’ll be fine and we’re here to guide you.. if you water them a day or 2 earlier than needed you’ll cause problems..
i will post pictures before i water and tell you exactly the observations i made in the soil. KNOWLEDGE IS EVERYTHING!! THANK YOU ALL!

goodbye95

goodbye95

DAY 8

Rh day 60%
Rh night 60%
Temp day 24C
temp night 21 C
Soil temp 24C
soil temp night 23 C
Lights intensity 15% at 90 cm
Co2 1000 PPM !!
I raised the co2 to 1000ppm

The plants are still stunned. I think the soil is dry enough. They seem to have a little more space though because i do not think it is the lightest the pot can go. I also raised the co2 to 1000ppm but saw no difference in growth , Just the leaves started to go up a little for some reason. Maybe they tolerate better the light, but no growth????
I plan on giving 1/4 of the reccomended dose of the Biobizz Grow in the next watering . What are your thoughts?

AGR09301
AGR09302
AGR09303
AGR09304
AGR09305
AGR09306
AGR09307
AGR09308
AGR09309
AGR09310
AGR09311
AGR09312