Stunted growth during veg, harvest projections?

• Thread starter mannimal420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mannimal420

mannimal420

I have a plant with stunted growth during veg. It’s an autoflower gg. The light I am using was too far away during early veg and I might have been lucky and moved it right before veg-bloom transition. It’s gotten bushier and developed lots of little bud sites an pistols since the moved. It’s a 300w LED running a tie 135W. I’m going post pictures (the small plant is at time of light change, other two pics are one week later) before and after light move. About week 3. It’s hard to say because I had other plants going but realized it wasn’t enough light for all four. So I took the one that showed best vegetation and threw the rest away. This plant also seemed to be a week behind the other 3 plants. So I’m hoping it still develops fine.

My interest is whether or not others have experienced a tiny plant with a decent little harvest. I’m not expecting quantity but still hope for at least quality. Any input?

Stunted growth during veg harvest projections
Stunted growth during veg harvest projections 2
Stunted growth during veg harvest projections 3
Hedimitrius

Hedimitrius

Your plants could be drooping like that because of too much light, incorrect pH, or too much watering. Your light manufacturer should have some info about hang height. If that's Coco, you should only be watering when the pot is light and easy to pick up to give the roots time to oxygenate. If your light height and watering is on point your leaves will be level with the ground or even pointing up (praying) towards the light.
Until you get that plant happy you can expect a small harvest.

mannimal420

mannimal420

Your plants could be drooping like that because of too much light, incorrect pH, or too much watering. Your light manufacturer should have some info about hang height. If that's Coco, you should only be watering when the pot is light and easy to pick up to give the roots time to oxygenate. If your light height and watering is on point your leaves will be level with the ground or even pointing up (praying) towards the light.
I'm using soil and I water when the top 2 inches is dry. I watered about 4 days ago. Then I just did a deep water right before this photo. They werent drooping as much but still droopy. So.. maybe I'll try pulling back the watering and see if there is a difference.

Hedimitrius

Hedimitrius

I have two 300 LEDs that are similar to that one. The diodes are magnified so you might be surprised how high you can hang that light. I've been around 24-36" hang height for my seedlings through veg

mannimal420

mannimal420

I'm using soil and I water when the top 2 inches is dry. I watered about 4 days ago. Then I just did a deep water right before this photo. They werent drooping as much but still droopy. So.. maybe I'll try pulling back the watering and see if there is a difference.
I also have been PHing my water that is store-bought spring water. It normally falls around 6.8. Ive also been playing with light height so err could be a factor, its definitely not powerful and I have another thread where I posted the light specs. I think the PPFD/PAR value is like 1200. The recommended bloom and veg heights weren't cutting it though I just recently got more growth my lowering the light.

mannimal420

mannimal420

I have two 300 LEDs that are similar to that one. The diodes are magnified so you might be surprised how high you can hang that light. I've been around 24-36" hang height for my seedlings through veg
Maybe its a watering a pot issue I am having then. Are your lights a true 300W LED? Mine only draws 135w actually, so almost a 1/3 of the strength of actual 300W

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Yeah, you're likely overwatering. Let it dry out until the leaves start drooping again and then use that interval minus a day or two as your watering schedule.

HiDaze

HiDaze

Hmm.. can you hit some of these key points?
- Type of soil they're planted in
- Current Ph of Soil & Nitrogen levels, phosphorus and soluble potash levels
- Water source & Ph levels before and after introducing your nutes
- Ambient temp and humidity in your grow space

mannimal420

mannimal420

FFOF
Hmm.. can you hit some of these key points?
- Type of soil they're planted in
- Current Ph of Soil & Nitrogen levels, phosphorus and soluble potash levels
- Water source & Ph levels before and after introducing your nutes
- Ambient temp and humidity in your grow space
  • FFOF
  • I dont have soil PH, Using PH water about 6.8. Store-bought spring water
  • Not adding nutes anymore was using Cal/Mag and FF trio 1/4 strength
  • 80 F and 50%RH

HiDaze

HiDaze

FFOF

• FFOF
  • I dont have soil PH, Using PH water about 6.8. Store-bought spring water
  • Not adding nutes anymore was using Cal/Mag and FF trio 1/4 strength
  • 80 F and 50%RH

I have found FFOF to be wonderful through Veg until week 5 or so but check my soil nitro, phos and potash throught that span.

Maybe snag a kit to check your soil Ph. If you're too high or too low a variety of lockout can occur. I aim to keep my soil between 6.5 and 6.8 Ph. Spring water can have different levels of trace minerals which could build up in your soil (pending Ph level) Personally recommend Distilled Water as you have a bit more control over what is introduced to your plant.

Temp and humidity are pretty much spot on. Best advice would be testing that soil bro 👌 Best of luck to you!

Hedimitrius

Hedimitrius

Maybe its a watering a pot issue I am having then. Are your lights a true 300W LED? Mine only draws 135w actually, so almost a 1/3 of the strength of actual 300W
Mine says runs 120w +/-5. I think you're overwatering and your lights could stand to move up a bit. You could still salvage a good harvest. Just wait to switch them over to 12/12 for when you've built the canopy up.

mannimal420

mannimal420

It
Mine says runs 120w +/-5. I think you're overwatering and your lights could stand to move up a bit. You could still salvage a good harvest. Just wait to switch them over to 12/12 for when you've built the canopy up.
s autoflower so we will see what I harvest, I’m going to move the lights up some and see how she reacts to it. Maybe a bit of both is affecting her droopy leaves.

Seraphine

Seraphine

That’s not proper coco feeding advice. Plants need fed at least every day, regardless of moisture level. Coco is unique from soil in that its ability to provide aeration to the roots is far better than soil. Also, coco doesn’t get water logged and has much better drainage which is why coco plants are fed every day. Every time you feed, oxygen is brought to the roots.

Hedimitrius

Hedimitrius

That’s not proper coco feeding advice. Plants need fed at least every day, regardless of moisture level. Coco is unique from soil in that its ability to provide aeration to the roots is far better than soil. Also, coco doesn’t get water logged and has much better drainage which is why coco plants are fed every day. Every time you feed, oxygen is brought to the roots.
I'm sorry you don't like my advice but it is what works for me. Later in life I feed every day because of the demands of the plants but at this stage in veg it's very easy to overwater even in Coco. I speak from the experience of having overwatered in Coco just giving 1000ml a day, causing telltale drooping. When I stopped the schedule and started watering when the pots were light the plants immediately started praying up to the light and growing better and healthier. This is just my experience.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I'm sorry you don't like my advice but it is what works for me. Later in life I feed every day because of the demands of the plants but at this stage in veg it's very easy to overwater even in Coco. I speak from the experience of having overwatered in Coco just giving 1000ml a day, causing telltale drooping. When I stopped the schedule and started watering when the pots were light the plants immediately started praying up to the light and growing better and healthier. This is just my experience.

That’s very true. What works for one grow environment isn’t always the best for another environment. It would be very narrow minded of me to assume my way is the only way :). Some people on here would say I need to be feeding twice a day but once a day works great for me.

Top Bottom