Stunted growth in organic soil

• Thread starter Millerzzz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Millerzzz

Millerzzz

Hey guys. I've been trying to make the switch to organic. I've had 4 plants going from
Stunted growth in organic soil
Stunted growth in organic soil 2
seed for 2 and a half months and they have to be way underdeveloped for that time. There in a 1 gallon pot. They seem to look pretty healthy but just don't seem to grow much.
I top dressed with a tablespoon per gallon of Down to earth biolive 7-5-2 about 10 days ago. Temps in tent range from 73-76 and rh is usually 60-70 percent. I use plain tap water with that's about 300-400 ppm out of the faucet And will occasionally add recharge and fish shit to the water. Recently tried adding epsom salt at a small dose with one watering. Ph water to 6.8-7.0. I did try and transplant one of them to a five gallon but realized the root growth seemed to be behind what it should be.

Soil I'm using is mother earth groundswell with added azomite, castings, biolive, and a tiny bit of DTE humic acid.

Stunted growth in organic soil 3
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

If a 2.5 month old plant hasn't rooted out a 1 gallon pot yet, I don't think going organic has anything to do with the problem.

Are you watering properly? That is, is all the soil wet when you're done? When do you decide to water again?

jamesoncom

jamesoncom

Is that a mag def that the leaves are showing? That what It reminded me of but hopefully some with more exp can chime in

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Your soil is almost dead. You never amended the soil to living, so it died on you. The recharge and fish poop will help, but that takes almost 2 weeks to kick in. We can tell because you have pH issues starting and that should never happen in living soil.
What kind of dirt are you using?
No offense, but that looks like driveway dirt.

Last edited:
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I am not very experienced but from what I have learned, it looks to me like you are overwatering them at the very least. They look a bit droopy with zero lateral branching. It may or may not be true but I had read where the visible foliage will mimic what the roots are doing. Poor root growth seems to mirror what you can see and to me, points to an overwatering issue. Makes sense to me.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I am not very experienced but from what I have learned, it looks to me like you are overwatering them at the very least. They look a bit droopy with zero lateral branching. It may or may not be true but I had read where the visible foliage will mimic what the roots are doing. Poor root growth seems to mirror what you can see and to me, points to an overwatering issue. Makes sense to me.
They do look a bit overwatered, but that could be because he just watered. They don't look chronic. Not yet anyway.
Reminders never hurt.

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL

Latest posts

Top Bottom