Stupid Q. First timer...Nip the tips of Auto flowering Northern Lights? Y/N?

• Thread starter JeffLebowski
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JeffLebowski

JeffLebowski

Buddy suggested that I remove the most recent set of leaves. I did on three of five plants. Then I find out that was moronic. True or false?

Should I toss em or keep them?

JeffLebowski

JeffLebowski

Green

coherent

coherent

Hard to tell without seeing a view from the side. It looks like you fimmed your plant. Thats about the most aggressive thing I'd ever do to a auto. If done correctly it should grow 4 main shoots. If so just LST if you want. If it was simply topped it would grow two main shoots and take longer to recover. Longer is something you really don't have with autos due to their short veg time before flowering. If it was fimmed a bit too high, it will just grow the next set of leaves cut short. One way or another, grow it and see the results. Good experience anyway. Most auto's are short and bushy. Usually best to just grow and harvest unless you want to mess around with some LSTing

Last edited:
JeffLebowski

JeffLebowski

First timer. So, all good info for me. I had no idea, and I've been reading quite a bit. LST? Fimmed? No idea what these mean. Sorry. Will do some digging.

What I heard you say is, if it's an auto-flowering plant, give it room, fert, light, and water. And don't cut it. Thanks!! I'll get em next time. Still have two that I didn't maim.

OK, looked up Fimming and LST. I just pinched the two leaves, nothing more. They were tiny, maybe 1/4 inch long each. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
coherent

coherent

The term "Fim" was derived from "F$%* I Missed" (when topping) but has some advantages over topping. LST = low stress training. Do this so you spread the branches horizintally as they grow which allows more light to get to lower portions of the plant and it then grows more branch/bud areas. Also research SOG and SCROG methods that also allow you to spread out the grow to a larger more uniform canopy which gets more evenly distributed light.

Top Bottom