SubCools Super Soil and A.N. Heavy Harvest

• Thread starter WilliamHBonneey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

WilliamHBonneey

I was wondering about subcool's super soil recipe i'm planning on using FFOF(Fox Farms Ocean Forest) 2 to 1 with FFLW(Fox Farms Light Warrior) i'm also planning on growing outdoors on my prop from anywhere between 20-30 plants and after reading the high times article for a super soil mixture
HIGHTIMES.COM > Subcool’s Super Soil Step-by-Step
I was planning on addin A.N. Heavy Harvest three season nutes and during budding while using A.N. Heavy Harvest fall mixture I was going to use Dr.Hornby's Big Bud(Advanced Nutrients) will it be beneficial to my grow or harm it?Sub Cool said his soil mixture wont need nutrients for it but I figured since A.N. is "cutting edge" and has imparted a lot of science into they're company i'm thinking my yield will sky rocket by using both the Super Soil and nutes. Answers or suggestions are more than welcome!!

***posted this same thread on grasscity just for back info***

D

DOE-DOE

IMHO I think those chem ferts will kill of all the beneficial microbes in the soil & well...it wouldn't be so super anymore. Then all that time & money you invested in the soil will be wasted. Your probably be better off just using the FFOF/ LW mix instead if your going to use AN additives. That's just my 2cents tho I could be wrong.

G

Green Supreme

Some folks believe more is better. I say good luck with that. Peace GS

W

WilliamHBonneey

well thats why i was asking for input...? Has anyone used Subs Super Soil + Nutes for good results i'm probly also going to add on some A.N. Voodoo Juice also for a root stimulator...

M

Mauihaole

no use organics only his soil creats a huge bene world in the soil full of microbal life and any synthetics will kill them off I would just use a lite selection of soft organics like Eath Juice or ewc guano teas start small lisen to the plant too much/toolittle it is a feed less mix depening on how many transplants amount of ss in the pots also try caps stuff its amazing with organics and subs mix is def organic

Tnelz

Tnelz

I'd pick one of the other bro. However if u are set on using the salts with the super soil just make sure u add something for ur bennies to eat. It isn't the salts that kill the bennies basically what @mastacheeser pointed out. It's the lack of food. So to remedy this however u decide to mix ur synthetics just make sure to add some carbs to the mix. I see you like to use advanced nutrients so grab some liquid Carbo load and u will be fine. A cheaper alternative would be good Ole molasses. In saying all this though I'd leave the synthetics out. Brew some kick ass teas instead. Just one man's opinion. Adding synthetics to super soil kind of takes away from the reason super soil exists. Simplicity. Good luck either way bro!

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

LOL, the products used to create the super soil will make you NEVER have to use nutrients, thats the point! Just add Bacteria. If you ratios are correct you wont need to add fertilizer the entire round. BTW, Fox Farm (Monsanto) is NOT the right soil to use. We have found gatorade bottle caps in our mixes. Spend the extra buck...

ricogarion

ricogarion

LOL, the products used to create the super soil will make you NEVER have to use nutrients, thats the point! Just add Bacteria. If you ratios are correct you wont need to add fertilizer the entire round. BTW, Fox Farm (Monsanto) is NOT the right soil to use. We have found gatorade bottle caps in our mixes. Spend the extra buck...
Gr33nl3af

Gr33nl

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

@GR33NL3AF.....Fox Farm (Monsanto)...not sure what that's supposed to mean? Monsanto does NOT own FF. Neither does Scotts lol. That shit has been run into the ground over the past couple years with NO proof to back it up.

WilliamHBonnee Are you doing on-site or guerilla grow....growing in containers or putting the plants in the ground outdoors? I've used AN's Heavy Harvest outdoors when I did some offsite guerilla grows back in the day. Worked great for me and didnt need to mix soil/amendments. Also, if youre planting in the ground, critters love the molasses and other amendments and will fuck your shit up to get at it. And don't believe the Super soil hype.....I've used it indoors and out.....it very well may take some strains to the end with no need of anything extra but it aint gonna work like that all the time with every strain. MGG

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

@GR33NL3AF.....Fox Farm (Monsanto)...not sure what that's supposed to mean? Monsanto does NOT own FF. Neither does Scotts lol. That shit has been run into the ground over the past couple years with NO proof to back it up.

WilliamHBonnee Are you doing on-site or guerilla grow....growing in containers or putting the plants in the ground outdoors? I've used AN's Heavy Harvest outdoors when I did some offsite guerilla grows back in the day. Worked great for me and didnt need to mix soil/amendments. Also, if youre planting in the ground, critters love the molasses and other amendments and will fuck your shit up to get at it. And don't believe the Super soil hype.....I've used it indoors and out.....it very well may take some strains to the end with no need of anything extra but it aint gonna work like that all the time with every strain. MGG
They do not OWN FF but they are making the soil FOR Fox Farm...

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

They do not OWN FF but they are making the soil FOR Fox Farm...
Says who...you? I've seen more bullshit slung at FF over the years...99.999% of it total bullshit. Seems like once the rumors are put to the bullshit test the haters NEVER are able to provide a bit of proof. Where's the proof of this GR33NLEAF? From everything that I know FF is STILL making the soil in the PNW and also have a soil making plant in SC. MGG

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Says who...you? I've seen more bullshit slung at FF over the years...99.999% of it total bullshit. Seems like once the rumors are put to the bullshit test the haters NEVER are able to provide a bit of proof. Where's the proof of this GR33NLEAF? From everything that I know FF is STILL making the soil in the PNW and also have a soil making plant in SC. MGG
This is a waste of time GG...

I currently work in the industry and every distributor that sells us soil verified this claim (Including the ones that DISTRIBUTE FF) and I don't think twice BECAUSE our shop has PERSONALLY found Gatorade bottle caps and a variety of other SHIT in their bags, that shouldn't be. This is how we identify a garden store selling quality products rather then True Value or Friedman's selling FF nonesense.

If you use it with good results, then good for you but me personally and my customer's, that I've moved away from their products, are reporting happier, healthier results.

You can shove your BS meter...

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

This is a waste of time GG...

I currently work in the industry and every distributor that sells us soil verified this claim (Including the ones that DISTRIBUTE FF) and I don't think twice BECAUSE our shop has PERSONALLY found Gatorade bottle caps and a variety of other SHIT in their bags, that shouldn't be. This is how we identify a garden store selling quality products rather then True Value or Friedman's selling FF nonesense.

If you use it with good results, then good for you but me personally and my customer's, that I've moved away from their products, are reporting happier, healthier results.

You can shove your BS meter...
Again more rumors and "people in the industry" sayin whatever it is that will make their products sell faster. I'll shove the BS meter as soon as you provide some substantiated proof as to your claims..

Latest posts

Top Bottom