subcools warning about roots organic

• Thread starter mastacheeser
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bongorilla

Again, if you buy soil from a store (especially during the warm months), it's likely going to be infested with one critter or another. Pray for fungus gnats over root aphids.
Use appropriate preventative measures. Everything you bring into your grow could be infested with something (including YOU). Just one of the drawbacks of using soil. I still prefer soil-grown over anything hydro. Peace

yep^^
pray that they're not root aphids. I had a bout with those little fuckers, I had to disassemble the entire area, rip apart a mini split and dehui fumigate it, seal the fuck out of the room and treat every single plant. I went around the perimeter with sprays and just killed the fuckin shit out of everything.

I gave up on bagged soils all together. I love the product, roots organic, BUT that shit is filthy infested, or could be. Most places store their soils outside.

From now on I'm making my own soils.Starting with some pasteurized or purified SS#4 then amend it and cook it with nematodes. I want my organic soils to be armed and fuckin dangerous.:fighting0040:

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
I havent had any probs with ro.
these are 707 bags

true grit

true grit

I find this always entertaining. SO subjective bag to bag tells me its the people storing/selling the soil- not the producer. Or it would be all of their stock. Its like going from one hydro store to the next- if its stored indoors properly from the get go, doubt you will have problems- if its stored outside/open elements, then yeah id bank on some bugs. I use Bayer on my first watering at any up pot/repot.

For example go store to store and see whos soil bags are still too moist. Ive gone to shops that actually tried to sell me wet coco (not roots obviously, but inviting the same problems) and said its normal- when its not. I don't buy soil from places who store outside/warehouse.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
these are 707 bags

that is just a sick ass looking setup/grow

I like those bags too - used them last year for my outdoor and it was fine

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Personally I had a gnat problem with Roots soil coco mix took my CO2 to 2200 ppm for an hour havent seen one since.
That being said it still works great

S

SLO Grown

Trust me Subzero is fake and always will be. I remember Subzero trimin for some friends of mine and he wasn't any good at that either. He would piss them off because he would 5 finger their buds and rip off their strains and call them his own.....What a joke folks think this guy is the real deal....Karma coming after this idiot. He can fool those morons at High Times (Danny Danko, that's easy!) but I have seen the real Subzero, what a Con Man.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Howd that dude pull that fine ass Ms. Jill i wonder? He looks like Mr. Ed

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

its like going from one hydro store to the next- if its stored indoors properly from the get go, doubt you will have problems- if its stored outside/open elements, then yeah id bank on some bugs. I use Bayer on my first watering at any up pot/repot.

This! oh and Soil sucks!:hi

turbo14

turbo14

We buy pallets of Roots Organics every week and never have had a problem... Some bags might smell worse than others, but pretty consistent stuff.

turbo

turbo14

turbo14

these are 707 bags

By the way, dope setup bro.. Can't wait to get my greenhouse soon:) How have the Roots bags held out so far for containers? Did you just poke a shit ton of holes in the bottom?

turbo

O

OneRedCup

Use Roots Organic exclusively. If fungus gnats are my biggest problem, I am ecstatic.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

154747d1308874577t-subcools-warning-about-roots-organic-img_0315.jpg.att

Love that setup, +rep mang!!!!!!!!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
CM, is that yours? Whose ever it is, sweet.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

Hi Sea, nope that is sealed138's grow, he posted a couple pics in post 22.
I was just really impressed with the layout< the drip system< the hoop house type design> simple but very impressive.. nothing in the ground for me right now, applied for a med card, just waiting to hear back from the state:)

redman420

redman420

I have used roots soil for years never any problems!There "greenfields" soil is the best outdoor mix i have found. I have never used subcools mix but other friends of mine have and never really liked it.

venial

venial

i ran an indoor my first run of all roots organic super soil, and perhaps we transmitted them while mixing outside but sure enough there were gnats everywhere

J

jinxjj

It's gota be specific bags... I just had this same problem where a friend of mine bought some bags that were infested with shit and screw his Plants up.

Make sure whenever you buy soil the bag is completely sealed!

Top Bottom