Submersible pump recommendations needed for 32g res

• Thread starter SouP_N
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SouP_N

Looking for recommendations for a submersible pump. Running 1 FloraFlex bubbler with 8 open 1/4” lines coming off of it. My current “400” GPH pump is leading to uneven watering across the system. Pretty sure this pump in reality is probably about 60 GPH. My reservoir is a 32 gallon garbage can so pump must overcome about 26” of lift before exiting. Ideally looking for a pump that someone has used and trusts the manufacturers power rating on. Intake from the bottom would be a plus also so it can pump down to an 1/8” or so of water.

appreciate the suggestions!

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I looked at my Amazon history and I have purchased 8 of these:

I actually use 2 per each 6 pot RDWC system. Over time they get noisy and pump less, so they are just a maintenance item for me. Plumb them in so they are easy to swap out and keep one on the shelf.

I have used more expensive pumps in the past, but I think cheaper pumps with planned replacement is best for our needs.

S

SouP_N

I looked at my Amazon history and I have purchased 8 of these:

I actually use 2 per each 6 pot RDWC system. Over time they get noisy and pump less, so they are just a maintenance item for me. Plumb them in so they are easy to swap out and keep one on the shelf.

I have used more expensive pumps in the past, but I think cheaper pumps with planned replacement is best for our needs.
Appreciate it. My current Vivosun 400 GPH is 15w, this one is 24w. Not sure if this will produce as much flow as I need to keep the (8) 1/4” lines fed in an even. Especially after accounting for the reduced flow after over coming the 26” lift to exit the res.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Make sure you convert foot of head to PSI. It'll give you an idea of how much pressure your pump has.

S

SouP_N

Can’t comment on the longevity of it, but I highly recommend the pump below. Greatly improved the evenness of my system and at a great price.

60w pump

S

SouP_N

Added bonus that it draws from the bottom down to 1/8”.

clusterfucktuesday

clusterfucktuesday

I use the green 24w and it’s a beast that’s taken a beating

FLLW

FLLW

As food safe as the Rubbermaid garbage can they are in 😂
Actually I'm sure you could get a garbage size can that was food safe.
I'm putting this stuff in my body I want to grow it in a food safe fashion.

S

SouP_N

Actually I'm sure you could get a garbage size can that was food safe.
I'm putting this stuff in my body I want to grow it in a food safe fashion.
To each their own. I pick and choose my battles.

They make white garbage cans that are “food safe” for ice. Are your 1/4 and 1/2” lines food safe?

Top Bottom