Subsidi-Farm Granted USDA Contract to Develop Seedless Pot

• Thread starter v0ssman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CAPO

Man that shit had me pissed off for a minute....what a joke...the guy has us thinking though doesn't he?...............fukn "mellow yellow"........tisktisk

I googled 'irradiate' ..I knew what it meant, but had no idea they actually do use it. They need to be telling us which food is being irradiated...that ish sounds screwed up.

C

CAPO

This is on a comedy blog-spot called "I said laugh, dammit"...can't find it anywhere else.

just a bunch of BS..........pretty funny, guy.....chuckle chuckle:rofl

K

kushpheen

in other news, subsidi-farm has been acquired by oaksterdam.....

M

mrdizzle

I wish I could unshake this baby now that I know its a joke

D

Donk Frog

this sounds like a turd dick sandwich to me. If obama wants me to roundhouse kick him in the neck he is on the right path

LMFAO....I almost pissed myself laughing when i READ THAT :rock
i TOATALLY AGREE:bong-hits:

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
yea...whew..for a sec thought this was the end...good thing it isn't for real...yet..you know that the gov't or some other comp. is going to try and do the same thing to pot that monsanto is doing to our food supply..CONTROL it..eventually unless we stand up and say otherwise imo it will happen

C

CAPO

oops, my mistake...the comedian....p. beckert....is a female.....but genuinely looks like a "turd dick sandwich"..........yes-yes...even worse than sarah palin without make-up!

I

Inuit

Hey guys, I too googled the info, and beware, I had a spyware attack from the glossy news site, or a popup from it.

I am a plant science major, and have learned about and used irradiation and GM technology extensively in many different classes.

Its pretty apparent the the author has very little scientific knowledge which with to base this article on, and is just incorporating common scare tactics for the normal ag supply into the article.

Irradiation is simply a lower nanometer wavelength of light. This wavelength causes a thiamine dimer to form (When two "T" DNA bases are adjacent the UV light can "kink" the dna band, stopping the ability for the dna to replicate, thus killing the bacteria/virus/fungi,etc.) It doesn't actually do anything to the food, but sterilize it, and is only strong enough to deeply penetrate cells of viral, bacterial, fungi. Overall a good procedure, helps keep longer shelf life, better shipping between producers and marketers, and overall better food safety and sterility.

GM plants are not bad IMO. If you understand the processes, you realizes it is a natural process that has been harnessed by man.

I don't feel like typing it all out, but those interested can google "agrobacterium mediated gene transfer", which has been and is currently still the primary method to insert foreign DNA into a plant.

Agrobacterium, in nature, will infect plants and cause giant galls/tumors at the base of the plant. This is due to the Agrobacterium inserting DNA it carries into host plant, which then becomes programmed to produce this tumor/gall which gives the agrobacterium a place to replicate. What scientists have done is change the genetics of the agrobacterium, so instead of inserting tumor inducing genes, it inserts genes from outside sources (agrobacterium can not only insert DNA into plants, it can also pick up DNA outside itself and incorporate that into plants) such as the BT resistance gene, or the rootworm resistence gene, etc....so its a natural process that has been harnessed by man, altered slightly by choosing which DNA the agrobacterium takes up, and increasing the frequency of the transformation events to find what they are looking for.

All these genes come from natural organisms, and since you cannot control where in the DNA the new genes are inserted, you have to make many thousands of inserts and then screen for the ones with the new characteristics you are looking for.

Anyhow, the yellow irradiated plants are BS, as I have irradiated plants with a little mildew here and there, as I have a UV generating bulb, to make them acceptable to smoke, and they didn't turn yellow :)

I also cannot find any real website for "subsidi-farm", purportedly a large ag firm, and they have no company website....this is doubtless a dumb joke.

A/I

B

bcainw

Though satire, this is hardly a "joke."

In August of 2009 the government issued a RFP (Request for Proposal) looking for companies (e.g., RJ Reynolds) that could produce very large quantities of Marijuana Cigarettes. This is not fiction. So while this satire is fiction the reality is that the government is pushing for a "hard liquor" model where you can purchase but not produce you own Marijuana. Sorry, but I'm a diehard hippie and for me the goal has always been simple: Adults should be able to "Grow Their Own." And like beer it should be untaxed, unregulated and unlimited. That is essentially the MERP Model that I have been writing about for a few years now:

http://www.newagecitizen.com/MERP.htm

We have little time. First we need to come out strongly aginst the state initiatives in AZ and CA. Then we must insist that MPP, DPA and NORML support implementation of the MERP Model. MERP is strictly about personal cultivation. I am now working on MERP2 which will contain my recommendations for commerical cultivation. MERP2 will be constructed to favor "home grows" over corporate grows but will abide by the "free trade" paridigm described by the current MERP model.

Richard Lee, Kampia, Stroup, Nadlemen are all selling us out. They are mere puppets of billionaires such as Soros, Lewis, Sperling and others. They want to monopolize the market for their own personal gain.

Now is the time to stand up for our Marijuana Rights, just as the black minorities once had to fight for their own "Civil Rights."

We have to regain our rights to our personal soveirignty and personal production. We cannot allow ourselves to become indentured slaves to a "consumer only" society. And that applies to everything from the home growing of our own Marijuana to the home manufacture of our own cars, TV's and other consumer goods. It is the only way we will survive as a democratic republic.

Yours in Peace and Freedom,

Bruce W. Cain

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
Never trust the government....EVER!

D

DaNkStA

How could the government actually see this working?? Most people that use medical marijuana have looked into alternate living like organic farmers markets and gardening and medical marijuana instead of using the shit PHARMA is trying to pump into all of our bodies and slowly killing us....most users prefer organic not IRRADIATED WTF!!!!!

B

BUDOGHI

Is this a hoax story, because if this is true the only way they'll take my green nonirradiated weed out of my volcano is to kill me!!

B

BUDOGHI

Thats what I thought gotta be bullshit. That bad bad Obama, LOL

V

v0ssman

this is the most inventive hoax ive seen in a while, it's pretty much a joke on everyone including us stoners who fall for it :smirk Good stuff

D

danko

the reality is when weed does become federally legal the corporations are going to be all over it!! and if you havent noticed the govmt and corps are serious bed buddies! did you know that agricultuaral corps are filing patents on strains of corn....(and every other plant) and charging farmers to grow it! they ( ag corp) sued a farmer because they found some of thier corn in his field! it was even proven that the corn was blown in from trucks driving by the farm and the federal judge still proved in favor of the ag corp!! fucking the farmer who never even planted a seed of the corps corn!! and its happened to hella farmers!! just to add to it, the offspring of the GM corn that has a patent is also owned by the corp... this means that once their corn is found on your farm the entire farm is considered contaminated with the GM strain and owned by the ag corp. by the corps indroducing this GM corn to the natural environment it has literally ruined generations of corn breeding in a 1 fail swoop!!! but the govt doesnt care about the farmers or the people, the corp will alway winn and our govt will make sure of it!!

honestly thinking about it disgusts me!!!

S

still learnin

damn danko,ive seen that shit on some CSI show(miami-lasvagas)shit.. but im sure it happens,so start pulln patents on ur beans while there still urs..

Top Bottom