Subtle Spider Mite Question

• Thread starter OldManRiver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

So, I have several large outdoor plants. Two of them showed spider mites today. Small patches, half a dozen leaves on seven foot plants. I'm a week, maybe two, away from harvest. Should I douse these plants with azamax, or just let them go? The buds are delicious, and I see no signs of mites generally on the plants, or on the buds. The plants are huge, the patches small.

I ain't scared of mites. I know how to kill them. I have never had to confront them so close to a successful harvest. I know that azamax works, and is safe up to day of harvest. But I dont want to hurt the taste of my buds.

ID is positive under microscope.

Plants shown below for size.

Thoughts?

Subtle spider mite question
Last edited:
Samwell

Samwell

Breeder
could you just treat the affected areas carefully so that at least their spread would be slow?

Hackerman

Hackerman

I don't think I would spray anything that close to harvest. Even if it is something 'safe' it would fuck up the taste.

And, remember, Monsanto 'says' that Roundup is 'safe'.

Anyway, I am not an outdoors guy (I wish) but I just fought off a mite infestation and lady bugs really kicked ass. Not sure how well they work outdoors. They are cheap to buy and try.

This close to harvest, I would simply prune the infected leaves off.

And, finally. If the infestation is that small. And, you're that close to harvest, the mites can't really do any serious damage in that short of time. It takes 7 to 10 days to double the infestation.

So, you have plenty of options from..... doing nothing.... to spraying.

I think I like the 'pruning' idea best for your particular situation.

Beautiful plant. Good luck.

Death to the borg.

Hackerman

Hackerman

Great. I love natural solutions.

Place them near the bottom of the plant. They always walk UP. Along the way they will stop on some infested leaves for lunch. LOL

Plant looks great

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Can't get ladybugs this time of year. Don't want to spray. They are coming down next weekend, probably a week early.

Hackerman

Hackerman

I bought 3000 for $15 for my tiny 4x4 room and it was creepy going into there. LOL I would come out and they would be crawling on my legs and arms and neck and in my hair.... LMAO Fucking creepy, even with lady bugs. LOL

Still, they really seemed to clean things up.

B

Burned Haze

(Ladybugs=)It’s just not worth it outdoors, greenhouse maybe..( I still recommend predator mites and other benefial insects over lady bugs for the price and what they do)

For outdoors and ending of flower, I would suggest h2o2 at 5% & with yucca extract ( I use npk industries extract but any pure version would work) as the wetting agent , apply every 3 days ( make sure to spray 100% soak them )

Spraying this is great for against spider mites, soft bodied bugs, PM, bud rot and cleans any contaminates. Think of it as the re-airater( cheap to if you get 35-37% versions )
I applied it last year when I had some mites outdoors at week 6 and it kept it bay/enough to easily harvest ( plants in my yard were infected lol)

* Only other suggestion for “ past 4-5 week flower” would be venerate xc and BotaniGard es/22wp , both of those products can be used till harvest and if lab tested won’t show harmful in any way as long as you follow instructions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom