Successful grow not that difficult… keep it simple.

• Thread starter Coldmike
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Coldmike

I’ve only grown indoors and only about 10 times, so I caution that I might be wrong in my comments, but it seems like a lot of new growers get caught up in social media ‘grow manuals and guides’. I’m old and most of my youth, weed was grown outdoors with little care. It was a weed. Every grow I’ve done has been seeds in shot glasses, then paper towels for a day or two, then into soil solo cups. No peat plugs or warming pads. No humidifiers or dehumidifiers. Seedlings sprout, spritz with water and watch them grow. Obviously, watch temp and RH but try to restrain them by increasing fan speeds or just opening the tent for a while. Under lights for 8 weeks or so with LST and flip; 9 weeks later, great buds. Seems like everyone wants to complicate this process. Maybe I’ve just been lucky, but it really doesn’t seem that hard.

emanresu

emanresu

I’ve only grown indoors and only about 10 times, so I caution that I might be wrong in my comments, but it seems like a lot of new growers get caught up in social media ‘grow manuals and guides’. I’m old and most of my youth, weed was grown outdoors with little care. It was a weed. Every grow I’ve done has been seeds in shot glasses, then paper towels for a day or two, then into soil solo cups. No peat plugs or warming pads. No humidifiers or dehumidifiers. Seedlings sprout, spritz with water and watch them grow. Obviously, watch temp and RH but try to restrain them by increasing fan speeds or just opening the tent for a while. Under lights for 8 weeks or so with LST and flip; 9 weeks later, great buds. Seems like everyone wants to complicate this process. Maybe I’ve just been lucky, but it really doesn’t seem that hard.
I agree with you somewhat. I have seen a pot plant grow in a hole in a tree when I was young. We through the seeds out the window at my friend's apartment. One must have landed in that tree. Weed will grow pretty easy yes, and with little to no care. But to make the most of it you do need to put some effort in. I don't really do social media and have never looked at a grow manual or guide. This is the first place I have ever even looked for advice or information. Since I joined here, I have been checking out YouTube. Not sure if that's social media or not. There is a lot of good info on there. Also, a ton of conflicting info and a lot of complete bs. So yeah, social media doesn't seem like the place to go for new growers.

Zerberus

Zerberus

I second this I have been growing indoors without a vent system, without fans, without humidifier, without a bunch of gadgets. Just a general 17-17-17 npk feed that I dose down to around 4-4-4, rain or mineral water and a light, and I haven’t had any major issues. I did have a fruit fly problem last time and I solved it using a bowl of Apple Vinegar mixed with a spoon of liquid dish soap. It’s honestly much easier than it’s all made out to be on YouTube or socials.

Zerberus

Zerberus

I agree with you somewhat. I have seen a pot plant grow in a hole in a tree when I was young. We through the seeds out the window at my friend's apartment. One must have landed in that tree. Weed will grow pretty easy yes, and with little to no care. But to make the most of it you do need to put some effort in. I don't really do social media and have never looked at a grow manual or guide. This is the first place I have ever even looked for advice or information. Since I joined here, I have been checking out YouTube. Not sure if that's social media or not. There is a lot of good info on there. Also, a ton of conflicting info and a lot of complete bs. So yeah, social media doesn't seem like the place to go for new growers.
Yea forums are the best place for new growers to get their feet wet, if you go off YouTube or socials your going to spend a lot of money on a lot of products you don’t really need.

Top Bottom