... Such a crap question

• Thread starter stupidthing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

stupidthing

I know I shouldn't have to ask this question. Flame on.
...(and it turns out I'm wordy as hell)
Should I harvest or wait?

I have been running this plant in perpetual for several months. Since about April.
It was supposed to be Strawberry Kush. It was supposed to have a flowering time of 8-9 weeks. It was also supposed to be potent.

The grow is a perpetual rotation DWC utilizing a reclaimed cabinet. Veg side being only 12" wide with 4x25 watt CFLs and 14w LED on the sides. Bloom is 24x27 inch SCROG. 150HPS then 250HPS, + 90w LED, and 2.5 gallon res filled with Pure Blend Pro. I also have a separate flower cab in another room with similar lights, same nutes.

I have not been impressed with this strain. I don't believe it is Straw-Kush. Given to me by a friend. The first harvest was not very potent and light. Second pull was a Heavy weight, but even less potent, and harsh. Third harvest was tastier, slightly better than original high, but somewhat low weight. Then there was the harvest LED exclusively for flower. That was a disaster with stretching, and long spindly buds, Tasted great, somewhat low potency.
Pick any of the 6 harvests, I rarely saw the trichomes get cloudy (a few per plant) and never amber.

I've tried different bloom times. From 10 weeks to 14 weeks. Can't find the rhythm of this strain. So I cut my losses and I didn't take any clones from this last plant. But now, She looks beautiful. Somewhat decent sized buds. It has been 12 weeks Yesterday. I don't have any amber crystals, and only a few that I can see are cloudy.

I want one nearly perfect harvest from this bitch. Good weight and high.
Do I pull it now @ 12 weeks or wait and maybe this time i'll finally get some cloudy and amber Trichs?

The really crappy thing is that since I was fed up with this strain, I didn't journal it like I did with every other one. So I don't know if I'm doing something more right than before. (but I doubt it)

Sorry I rambled on. Didn't mean to type five paragraphs when I sat down.

Here's some pics...

Such a crap question
Such a crap question 2
Such a crap question 3
Such a crap question 4
Such a crap question 5
Such a crap question 6
jagle

jagle

id ignore breeder times and always go off the plant telling you its done.
id call that done

hiboy

hiboy

if theres white hairs growing then u might wana wait. hard to tell on the pics.
if ur under lit then that might be ur problem
h

S

stupidthing

I don't think I'm under lit with 250w + 90w LED covering a 22x24 screen 8" away. The LED only grow was under lit.

I'll cut one of the smaller ones after lights on and dry it in my jerky maker. I know it will taste awful, but it might give me an indication of potency.

G

glassking420

the only true way to tell if your plant is done is with a microsope and checking the trichomes color...size nutrient strength and distance from light can all be deciding factors on what plants are ready and what arent...you also might try using co2 enrichment to thicken up those buds and a lot more carbs dude..those babys looked starved for micro nutrients and sugars....you can try sugaree from cutting edge or humbolt honey..i try to stay away fro the blackstrap molasses...diferent tastes for diffent people though...also...what are your temps and humidity levels like...heat and humidity play major rolls in the developing stages of your plants...live and learn buddy...not saying you did bad...shit you should have seen how my first grows turned out...ill put it like this...brownies were preferable to smoking it...and i hate chocolate

Top Bottom