Sucker? Should they stay, or should they go?

• Thread starter AndyBoi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AndyBoi

AndyBoi

frist time grower here. That being said, im not fully familiar with transition from stems to buds, (ive seen those colas that engolf the entire top portion of the branch) therefore im perplexed with some of the growth on my plants. Ive herd the term suckers before, and I think I may have some of those. Is the image below an example of a sucker? Should it stay or should it go?

Much Love,
AndyBoi

Sucker should they stay or should they go
Sucker should they stay or should they go 2
Sucker should they stay or should they go 3
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It looks like you're pruning off all lower growth. This is exactly what I do. If it doesn't get good light, it will be a popcorn bud.

It depends how low down on the plant this branch is. If it's much more than a foot (30 cm) from the top of your canopy, consider pruning it off.

It's not going to hurt the plant, but it does take resources from the plant, and if it isn't going to produce a nice bud, no need to keep it. In my "production tent" I have my plants under 1000W HID lights, and the decent penetration distance is about 18 inches (45 cm). Anything below that is trimmed, unless I want to keep it for revegging purposes.

AndyBoi

AndyBoi

It looks like you're pruning off all lower growth. This is exactly what I do. If it doesn't get good light, it will be a popcorn bud.

It depends how low down on the plant this branch is. If it's much more than a foot (30 cm) from the top of your canopy, consider pruning it off.

It's not going to hurt the plant, but it does take resources from the plant, and if it isn't going to produce a nice bud, no need to keep it. In my "production tent" I have my plants under 1000W HID lights, and the decent penetration distance is about 18 inches (45 cm). Anything below that is trimmed, unless I want to keep it for revegging purposes.
Thank you! Much appreciated.

I believe I understand. These “side suckers”, if near the top of the canopy, are able to produce desirable nugs?

In this tent (2x4) I am using the Spider Farmer SF2000.

AndyBoi

AndyBoi

follow up!
I seem to have many more side shoots in comparison to most plants I see on here. I assume this is related to the genetics. Is this plant most likely to produce many smaller nugs? Could I remove many side shoots and encourage larger cola production? Thoughts on this? WWJD?

D03896AE 8C5D 410C BAF6 C792AA3AC8FF
A4F5E256 B267 4FD0 91DD A0AC98DC99A5
C02308E7 FC8C 4B15 9212 3E01EE7739E5
3D86F271 9B21 4624 9183 A16C75C29524
Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Awesome, got same size same light. Interesting to see your plants

Zoneshityee

Zoneshityee

Hi, mine is also shooting out, but I am trying my own mix up training style... first harvest drying/curing now.. after killing like 8 clones from a club, finally harvested 2 plants, got about 1.5 ounces from the two.. lol..... but i was able to clone one, and this second round looks to be a lot more promising... I'm not sure how people set their stuff up but this is all custom trial and error.. I am about to post about airflow if anyone has insight when I post I'd love the input.
Thanks!

20201219 122411
20201219 122132
Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Thanks. I would be interested in seeing what your plants look like if you feel lime sharing.
Is the photos uploaded here stripped for exif data automatically?

Defintitely an app for it but curious

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Hehe, yes I see. When I talk about cleaning exif I mean that uploaded photos get swabbed for electronic clues . Some forums havet this function so its only natural to ask.
If it feels safe then more People would share

Latest posts

Top Bottom