Sudden Yellow Leaves in Buds from Bagseeds! Whatsup? Can it be Light Burn?

• Thread starter IceR
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mancorn

mancorn

So Mancorn if i remove the effected sections can i leave the rest be (meaning will this be ok for smoking) and can this jump to my other plants which seem not effected at the moment? and how far away from harvest do you think i am
Mold can spread. But I’d suspect that if you have the beginnings of bud rot it's simply from moisture and not something that is going to catch fire and burn down your grow. The uninflected areas are fine for smoke. What did you see when you inspected your buds and pulled the sugar leaves?

Your pictures show a good amount of amber trichomes so you're probably ready to harvest. Look at the trichomes on your calyx (the tear drop shaped part). If they're turning red it's time.

mancorn

mancorn

If it was mold/rot it would be unmistakable. Sometimes the plant cannibalizes sugar leaves especially if the bud has seeds.
I grow outdoors about 10 miles from the ocean and can get a fair amount of fog where the plants can be very wet in the mornings. Buds can start to rot from the stem area, not with a huge mushy mess (like you see if you search online for bud rot), but with a loss of color/whitening where the small bud stems meet the main bud stalk. The tell tale sign is if the bud/sugar leaf easily removes from the stem. You should not be able to pull on any material within a bud and have it come apart. Nor should the bud develop a brown color. When it starts it's almost imperceptible, just one browning sugar leaf. But if you tug the leaf and it comes off, it's the start of rot.

Not the best picture, but you can see the whitening of the stem where this section of bud was removed.
7C47F970 AD37 4C7C 8929 A176C820AAAB

This is clearly bud rot, easy to tell from the browning of multiple sugar leaves. (This section needs to be removed and trashed, but the rest of the bud will be fine.) You can easily just pull this bud apart.
C32A740B 45AA 48B3 9337 0C401494C9FD

ChaoticNeal

ChaoticNeal

She looks ripe enough I’d go ahead and harvest her and get her to a dryer spot before u lose anymore bud man or drop ur humidity one.

IceR

IceR

Mold can spread. But I’d suspect that if you have the beginnings of bud rot it's simply from moisture and not something that is going to catch fire and burn down your grow. The uninflected areas are fine for smoke. What did you see when you inspected your buds and pulled the sugar leaves?

Your pictures show a good amount of amber trichomes so you're probably ready to harvest. Look at the trichomes on your calyx (the tear drop shaped part). If they're turning red it's time.
I pulled the sugar leaves and this is what i saw (first picture with flash, second and third without but led light shining on the spot)
IMG 2727
IMG 2728
IMG 2729

Like you know, i am no expert but this does seem like some rot in there to me, what u think? To be on the sure side i removed all the apparant effected buds (am watercuring them as i understood this will make them ok for smoking).

Do you guys think thats enough or should i remove all plant?

mancorn

mancorn

Most certainly the brown section is rot. You need to remove the rotten section or it will continue to other parts of the plant. Spray the rotten section with water (or hydrogen peroxide) to prevent mold spores from spreading. Clip off the entire rotten section (white line) and discard.

2475D697 AD9E 472C A02D CE6EE3FDCCC8

Top Bottom