Suddenly a plant has yellowing edges

• Thread starter YellowFin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
YellowFin

YellowFin

I'm know it's a deficiency. But what kind. I posted several pictures. Transplanted 8 days ago, a long with 3 others. This started Friday. But now one of the other plants is starting. If you know anything or any ideas please help
Suddenly a plant has yellowing edges
Suddenly a plant has yellowing edges 2

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
Excess of any nutrient can be toxic to plants. Too much fertilizer can result in salt burn symptoms. These symptoms include marginal browning or necrosis of leaves, separated from green leaf tissue by a slender yellow halo. The symptom begins at the tip and proceeds to the base of the leaf along the edges.

Not a defenciency...anyones guess what it is that's causing the toxicity.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
^^ I'll second that, fresh soil means plenty of nutes
And it looks you did spray something on leaves that left a chalky residue?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

That looks like a little potassium (K) deficiency. For me, this is often caused by too much calcium (Ca), but as you can see from the Mulder chart, Mg, Fe and N can all interfere with K nutrition.
Mulders chart

YellowFin

YellowFin

Thank you for getting back to me. I knew my PH wasn't high or low. But I went ahead and double checked. All in good standings. Highest was 6.10 anyho I had some compost brewing when this started. So I mixed up some calmag at half dose and mixed it in a half diluted tea. Looks like that did it.. no other leaves have gone and the ones that were going bad are starting to turn back and the light green it going out of here. Thanks again for being there.

20220506 024737
20220506 024705
20220506 024448
YellowFin

YellowFin

Excess of any nutrient can be toxic to plants. Too much fertilizer can result in salt burn symptoms. These symptoms include marginal browning or necrosis of leaves, separated from green leaf tissue by a slender yellow halo. The symptom begins at the tip and proceeds to the base of the leaf along the edges.

Not a defenciency...anyones guess what it is that's causing the toxicity.
Thank you for responding so quickly. This is why I love growing. Finding solution. I don't disagree with your thoughts and I failed to give you a good back ground on this grow.. I couldn't get behind the toxicity. Cause I knew my PH was good. PH good and roots taking in everything. Im making this ask for water. So I know the roots are getting air once a week or so.. anyway I brewed so tea and mixed some diluted calmag and it seems to be working. Today the two that were having problems each grew a lot. I wanted to thank you again. You know sometimes we know the answer but it always calms things down. When others answer and you k n ow your not alone. Thank you again

20220506 024737
20220506 024705
20220506 024448

Latest posts

Top Bottom